Who Is Ready For βeta Tonight?

#1 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Gentlemen (and Ladies),

The "re-relaunch" of Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn starts tonight. With it comes a long struggle of bias towards Japanese MMOs by Western gamers. No, I'm just joking. FFXIV sucks ass.

Regardless, I bought it years ago for cheap.

Let's βeta tonight!

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13131 posts) -

In this situation, I think this is appropriate:

*poop noises*

#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -

Put this on Next-gen consoles, and I'll play it.

#4 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

I have heard some pretty good buzz about the update, I am curious as to how it turns out. Don't have beta access though.

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I'm waiting for the PS3 beta. I still have my FF13 code dammit!

#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: It's already on a next-gen console. PC. And it runs on anything. Anything better than a 9800 GT and you're good.

@bishna: It's WoW.

#7 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4139 posts) -

@kaosangel: Nah, dawg. PC has always been around, so its not next-gen!

#8 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Really wish I was in. :(

#9 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

My buddy got access and he's pretty stoked. Then again, he liked FFXIV in its original form (which I think was garbage). I guess I'll hear about it soon enough.

#10 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@barrock: Dunno if it works now but you can get a cheap copy of FFXIV and register it you should be able to get into the Beta 2. There were a lot of people buying up copies of FFXIV before square destroyed them.

@subjugation: I'm honestly hoping for a train wreck. /v/ was awesome with TORantic and FFXIV those weekends.

#11 Edited by Pazy (2561 posts) -

I cant wait! Sadly it starts at 9am and I was out late. Im going to be very, very tired all of tommorow!

#12 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

@kaosangel: Well it was already a train wreck. I can't imagine how it could get worse.

#13 Posted by Andorski (5179 posts) -

Might give it a try. Been looking into playing an MMO. It's between this and Tera. Whichever one is more PUG-friendly is what I'd go with.

#14 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Okay. First day into beta and Square has to take the game down due to an emergency.

They got people's account information messed up and people could log into another person's account.

This is going to be a fantastic experience.

#15 Posted by Pazy (2561 posts) -

Okay. First day into beta and Square has to take the game down due to an emergency.

They got people's account information messed up and people could log into another person's account.

This is going to be a fantastic experience.

It weirdly gives me an odd kind of hope since it makes it a real beta and not a week of release marketing 'beta'. Though I say that as someone who hasent had the issue yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.