Worth jumping into as a brand new to MMO's person?

#1 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

Kmart has a free $20 off next purchase coupon for this.. Always wanted to try an MMO, but do FF14 players think it's worth jumping into this one? or try to get FF11 for like $15?

Is there a giantbomb community that I can run with? No?

#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Hell no. I got the CE and fucking hate it.

#3 Posted by DarkShaper (1333 posts) -

I haven't played it myself but people seem to really not like it at all. I wouldn't get it.

#4 Posted by TheRemedy (28 posts) -

I like it but it's the least newbie friendly mmo I've ever played. To be honest your better off going with WoW or Lotro. And their's no giantbomb community as everyone on here hates the game with a passion.

#5 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

No way. You'll want to choose WoW since it's lightyears ahead of the other MMO's.

#6 Posted by Mcfart (1624 posts) -

You don't want this MMO period.

#7 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

Start off with a free MMO to see what it's like.  You can do a trial of the big ones, or go for a fully free one like Lord of the Rings.  FF14 is very grindy and not noob friendly at all, in fact the people who were playing FF11 didn't like it compared to the old game.

#8 Posted by phantomzxro (1577 posts) -

With everything that is holy in my body i would say no. Say what you will about how good the this game is most say bad other say good, but it is in no way user friendly everything within the game is not explained and it's pretty much up to you to find the in and out of the game. I would try out the game somehow before or try another MMO first.
#9 Edited by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Watch this: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9nLBfH44c

EDIT: guess I should provide some more info. This video demonstrates how this game copy and pastes the same landscape over and over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.