FFVXIII... Your Thoughts?

#1 Posted by TheFalconProduction (51 posts) -

What do you expect to come out from this game? 
Where you really satisfied with the previous FFXIII title? If not, what do you hope they will change or even bring back? 
#2 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (618 posts) -

I really hope this isn't the acronym for that game, because holy shit.

#3 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I don't expect much at all from this game to be honest.

#4 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

It better not suck.

#5 Edited by FateOfNever (1839 posts) -

Well, considering it has nothing to do with FF13, other than being part of the same sub-franchise, and if I recall is being worked on by what is basically the "Kingdom Hearts Team", I expect it to be nothing like FF13 and a lot like Kingdom Hearts, just, you know, without all the cross over stuff.  So... Kingdom Hearts, but Final Fantasy.

Edit:  Also, I hope it's not as divisive as FF13 was.  Not that FF13 was a bad or good game, but with it being such a divisive title, and with FF14 having been a total failure for them, Square probably can't afford yet another blemish on their record at this time, even if their blemishes still make them billions or millions of dollars.

#6 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -

It looks interesting. I want it.

#7 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Square hasn't made a good FF game since 2000, why stop now?

#8 Edited by Aetheldod (3579 posts) -

Well Im actually one of the few who enjoyed FFXIII , so im eager to see whats up with Versus , tho seeing one of the posts that says its from the Kingdom Hearts folks Im no longer so eager , I didnt like those games , but I need more info to really say

#9 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4604 posts) -
@SecondPersonShooter said:
" I really hope this isn't the acronym for that game, because holy shit. "
Yeah, it makes the Roman numerals a mess; kinda looks like it's called "FFUX 3", which sounds like a rape simulator.
#10 Posted by Axersia (1615 posts) -

Why are people always so insistent on reffering back to FF13 when discussing this title? It's an action RPG by the Tokyo Kingdom Hearts team (Square Enix PDD1), and it's not even a mainline FF game. As a Kingdom Hearts fan, I've always been more interested in this than FF13 and still fully expect it to be the better game, but that's mainly because this type of game appeals to me more and I know it's in good hands. I thought FF13 was fine for what it was, but I definitely don't need to see any of its gameplay elements make their way into Versus.

#11 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -
@Burns098356GX said:
" Square hasn't made a good FF game since 2000, why stop now? "
My thoughts exactly.
#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -
@Burns098356GX said:
" Square hasn't made a good FF game since 2000, why stop now? "
True, but the fanboy in me keeps hoping that the next one will be good. It's Sonic all over again...
#13 Posted by FateOfNever (1839 posts) -
@Axersia: 
It's because your average person doesn't know that, fundamentally, there is no real connection between FF13, FF Versus 13, and FF Agito 13.  It's Square's fault for giving them all the name "13" despite only one of them actually being 13.  The only thing that connects the game is that they're part of a sub-franchise; Fabula Nova Crystalis, and it's Squares fault because they have done almost nothing to convey that to the general public.  They should have just been called FF13, FF Versus, and FF Agito and all had a sub heading on them somewhere saying Fabula Nova Crystalis instead of relying on the number 13. 
#14 Posted by snakefry (18 posts) -
@FateOfNever:
I couldn't agree more. lol yea square enix is going to have a hard time trying to advertise VS 13 when it comes out.
#15 Posted by Addfwyn (1922 posts) -

I'm plenty excited for it, I love the world they established in FFXIII.  It'll be a very different type of game, but if the setting carries over much at all, I'll be pretty excited, since FFXIII was one of my top games of 2010.  On the other hand, I generally do not like action RPGs so much as their main JRPG counterparts, so I'll be keeping a skeptic eye on it for the most part. 

Though in the end, I'll buy it anyway, so it probably doesn't really matter.

#16 Posted by ProfessorEss (7368 posts) -
@Axersia said:
" Why are people always so insistent on reffering back to FF13 when discussing this title?
Seriously? I mean do you seriously not know why people constantly refer to Final Fantasy XIII when discussing Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

I agree that generally people should more informed but sometimes you have to blame the developers (or marketers).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.