Final Fantasy Versus XIII exclusivity reaffirmed

#1 Edited by m1k3 (1330 posts) -
#2 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Exclusivity means very little nowadays unfortunately

Exclusive until someone with a bigger wallet turns up!!

#3 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Looks like Squeenix need to make up their minds......

#4 Posted by m1k3 (1330 posts) -

Yea, but this is somewhat good news to those who kept crying that versus wont stay on the ps3... im actually thinking that  M$ will throw some money at SqEnix to get this game also.

#5 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

ill care when the game comes out and its only on PS3

#6 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

I personally wish all gamers could play whichever game they want on any console - Ie metal gear on xbox, GoW on ps3 etc

Then i realise that the only day that will happen is when nintendo convert us all into edutainment fanatics
And we are all playing mario shelf stacker on the wii 3 - and being told to do algebra instead of shooting eachother in the face
 (not trying to start an argument - just the way things are going)

Then teh exclusivity and console WaRz would well and truly end

#7 Posted by m1k3 (1330 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
"I personally wish all gamers could play whichever game they want on any console - Ie metal gear on xbox, GoW on ps3 etc

Then i realise that the only day that will happen is when nintendo convert us all into edutainment fanatics
And we are all playing mario shelf stacker on the wii 3 - and being told to do algebra instead of shooting eachother in the face
 (not trying to start an argument - just the way things are going)

Then teh exclusivity and console WaRz would well and truly end

"
Lol Nintendo will take over the world when everyone leasts expects is.

As for there being no exclusives, there will still be warz that would be more like "OMG ______ game looks the better on _____ console"
#8 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

likely if 13 sells well on 360 versus exclusivity will disapear like a fart in the wind.

#9 Posted by Vyse_Legends (417 posts) -

Let's just hope it stays that way.

#10 Posted by Quadrifoglio (816 posts) -

Square will probably fuck us over anyway.

#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

It better stay that way.

#12 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Dude, because SE don't even know how they are gonna get it on 360 yet, clueless. MS gave them a stack of bills, and said make it for us, and they said OK. Wasn't planned much, so if you have PS3 and 360 you will most likely get it on PS3, since it will be better.

#13 Posted by m1k3 (1330 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Dude, because SE don't even know how they are gonna get it on 360 yet, clueless. MS gave them a stack of bills, and said make it for us, and they said OK. Wasn't planned much, so if you have PS3 and 360 you will most likely get it on PS3, since it will be better.
"
I was planning on getting both for the ps3 anyways since i barely use my 360, so nothing really bothering me
#14 Posted by Nets (319 posts) -

I will be saddened if this moves to 360... But if there is any chance XIII VS will make it to 360, Star Ocean 4 has a better chance of becoming multiplatform, and Enix is even thinking of making Infinite Undiscovery multiplatform.

#15 Posted by Psytek (174 posts) -

The old trailers for FFXIII said PS3 only as well, so things can change.

#16 Posted by Fusi (19 posts) -
Nets said:
"I will be saddened if this moves to 360... But if there is any chance XIII VS will make it to 360, Star Ocean 4 has a better chance of becoming multiplatform, and Enix is even thinking of making Infinite Undiscovery multiplatform."
Square-Enix can't make IU multiplatform because Tri-ace signed a contract with Microsoft for that one. Perhaps Sony did the same with Versus? Star Ocean 4 is currently an Xbox 360 exclusive because it uses the same engine as IU which is optimised for Xbox 360 only, though that might change!
#17 Posted by Nets (319 posts) -
Fusi said:
"Nets said:
"I will be saddened if this moves to 360... But if there is any chance XIII VS will make it to 360, Star Ocean 4 has a better chance of becoming multiplatform, and Enix is even thinking of making Infinite Undiscovery multiplatform."
Square-Enix can't make IU multiplatform because Tri-ace signed a contract with Microsoft for that one. Perhaps Sony did the same with Versus? Star Ocean 4 is currently an Xbox 360 exclusive because it uses the same engine as IU which is optimised for Xbox 360 only, though that might change!
"

Yes, but from what I hear, which could be wrong, MS is paying for timed exclusive, and if they want to keep it, they'll have to keep dishing it out. I doubt Star Ocean 4 will sell well on 360 and I hope it doesn't so I get to play it. I'm so greedy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.