Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

So is this going to be a prequel?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

I was just watching the trailer that was released in 2008 and it got me thinking. It's been said that this game is set in the same universe as Final Fantasy XIII, but a look at the trailer suggests that it must take place far before where we start in XIII. For one all the soldiers don't look like they are wearing the same kind of crazy futuristic armor, and another thing I noticed is that they are driving actual cars. Like with wheels. Non hovering vehicles. That and the fact that the guns they use don't seem to be futuristic either. So anyone care to hazard a guess at how this will relate to regular 'ol Final Fantasy XIII?

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I heard it has nothing to do with regular Final Fantasy XIII and/or has very, very, very loose ties with the rest of Fabula Nova Crystalis. I can't find any links, but I do remember reading that Versus XIII was conceived due to development idea differences.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

From what I've heard, it's supposed to take place in the same universe as FFXIII.  Other then that, I really don't know anything about it.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By m1k3

all we really know right now is that it takes place in the same universe, but who know what they mean by "universe"

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NinjaHunter

I've heard it's more of a parallel universe type of deal. It will have similar themes but not in the exact same universe.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Supermarius

yeah from all indications it does not take place on the same world. People have been gewtting the wrong impression that all the ff13 games are in the same universe, but apparently from developer comments they only share some of the same themes.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

At least they use the same hairspray in both universes.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Apparently it's a different world, i.e. not cocoon or pulse. But set in the same "universe".
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Rhaknar

this looks like it has nothing to do with ff13, just rename it ff15 and be done with it

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Vorbis

Basically the same Gods who made the Fal'cie on Pulse left to make more worlds, Versus will be on one of those. Expect more crystals and possibly other Fal'cie.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By AuthenticM

I always thought the game would be set on the other side of the Planet, hence the two games being unrelated.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By ryanwho

The further away the connection, the better. Maybe the magic crystals are called the same thing as 13, and that's about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.