So, what do you want to see in FFvsXIII?

#1 Posted by AquiBlue92 (2 posts) -

What would you like to see put into Final Fantasy versus XIII. Give suggestions, anything, basically.

I, personally would love to free roam around cities. I want battles to occur fluidly, and I would like to see gameplay similar to what the trailers have presented.
#2 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I want to see a great story and a long one, too. I agree with you on the roaming around the cities. How bout a new combat system? I want this game to succeed so we'll just have to wait and see what they do to this game

#3 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

Hmm. I'm assuming that a lot of the importants are going to be included - like awesome characters, music, story etc. I just want the battle system to be up to scratch. Anything like FFVIICC's battle system and I'll be happy.

#4 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

I want to see a nuke blow every character in final fantasy up, come on this franchise needs to die already.

#5 Posted by fatuous_waffle (62 posts) -

I want them to tone down the invincible teenager and/or early 20s thing.  The guy who effortlessly dodges all those bullets.  I mean really?

#6 Posted by Axersia (1619 posts) -
fatuous_waffle said:
"I want them to tone down the invincible teenager and/or early 20s thing.  The guy who effortlessly dodges all those bullets.  I mean really?"
He doesn't dodge those bullets, he uses telekinesis to deflect them with that arsenal of weapons he has floating around him. Considering this is an action game, I think those powers would actually be really awesome in-game. Of course, the actual combat won't even come close to what the trailers have presented, unless it just involves a lot of context-sensitive button presses, which I'm not a fan of.

Anyway, what I'd like to see is some Kingdom Hearts references. I want Sora's outfit and the Kingdom Key to be unlockables. :P The only reason why I'm interested in this game in the first place is because it's developed by the KH team, not because it's an FF title.

Basically, I just want it to be like Kingdom Hearts but better.
#7 Posted by LiquidPrince (16004 posts) -

A combo system.

#8 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

a pie item that restores everything

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (16004 posts) -

Pie is good.

#10 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."
But cake is better! :P  I'm not sure exactly what I'd want to see in Versus though...I'll have to think about that.
#11 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

I'd like to see compelling character, interesting dialogues a good story that would not ashame me for its cliches.

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (16004 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."
But cake is better! :P  I'm not sure exactly what I'd want to see in Versus though...I'll have to think about that."
Maybe if it's ice cream cake.
#13 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."
But cake is better! :P  I'm not sure exactly what I'd want to see in Versus though...I'll have to think about that."
Maybe if it's ice cream cake."
Ooo I do like me some ice cream cake....but I had some cake a week or two ago where there was strawberry's and bananas in the middle!!!!  OMG It was amazing...that's what I'd want in Versus :D
#14 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."
pie always>cake. mainly cause pie is alwas good and cake can be bad. pie can be made from a moron and still be good while cake you cant really say that :P plus i like pie more :P
#15 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."
pie always>cake. mainly cause pie is alwas good and cake can be bad. pie can be made from a moron and still be good while cake you cant really say that :P plus i like pie more :P"
But if pie is made by a moron you take a chance that he'll make a chocolate pie with dirt or a lemon pie with....well you know....

Plus the idea of cake being bad is like saying that LBP is over hyped.....there's just no truth to it. :P
#16 Edited by Hats (360 posts) -

Pie can restore Cake can revive

I hope they bring back the over the top summon spells

#17 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."
pie always>cake. mainly cause pie is alwas good and cake can be bad. pie can be made from a moron and still be good while cake you cant really say that :P plus i like pie more :P"
But if pie is made by a moron you take a chance that he'll make a chocolate pie with dirt or a lemon pie with....well you know....

Plus the idea of cake being bad is like saying that LBP is over hyped.....there's just no truth to it. :P"
there is truth try finding it :P
#18 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

Plus the idea of cake being bad is like saying that LBP is over hyped.....there's just no truth to it. :P"
there is truth try finding it :P"
Truth to LBP being over hyped???  Come on now...that's a little far fetched don't ya think?
#19 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

Truth to LBP being over hyped???  Come on now...that's a little far fetched don't ya think?"
no about the cake
#20 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

Truth to LBP being over hyped???  Come on now...that's a little far fetched don't ya think?"
no about the cake"
Ah..well cheesecake is no good...true.
#21 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

no about the cake"
Ah..well cheesecake is no good...true."
yep but cashew cheese cake is gross
#22 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

no about the cake"
yep but cashew cheese cake is gross"
That sounds disgusting....
#23 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

no about the cake"
That sounds disgusting...."
it is. my sis got it at cheesecake factory
#24 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

no about the cake"
it is. my sis got it at cheesecake factory"
I'll make sure to stay away from it.....hopefully it won't be in FFVXIII....see Sentry I was on topic that time :P
#25 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

no about the cake"
I'll make sure to stay away from it.....hopefully it won't be in FFVXIII....see Sentry I was on topic that time :P"
claps* this chain is getting cool. also sentry why so serious :P
#26 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

no about the cake"
I'll make sure to stay away from it.....hopefully it won't be in FFVXIII....see Sentry I was on topic that time :P"
claps* this chain is getting cool. also sentry why so serious :P"
Thank you thank you....and ha I see what you did there!  That's something I want in FFVXIII also....not that line but a line that's repeated and after the game is released every one knows it and goes around saying it all the time.  :D
#27 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Pie is good."

no about the cake"
claps* this chain is getting cool. also sentry why so serious :P"
Thank you thank you....and ha I see what you did there!  That's something I want in FFVXIII also....not that line but a line that's repeated and after the game is released every one knows it and goes around saying it all the time.  :D"
also took it from liquids comment on psn :P
#28 Edited by Meresin (147 posts) -

To answer the subject line...Exclusivity that won't go away the minute Microsoft waves a check in SE's face.

#29 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -
Axersia said:
"fatuous_waffle said:
"I want them to tone down the invincible teenager and/or early 20s thing.  The guy who effortlessly dodges all those bullets.  I mean really?"
He doesn't dodge those bullets, he uses telekinesis to deflect them with that arsenal of weapons he has floating around him. Considering this is an action game, I think those powers would actually be really awesome in-game. Of course, the actual combat won't even come close to what the trailers have presented, unless it just involves a lot of context-sensitive button presses, which I'm not a fan of.

Anyway, what I'd like to see is some Kingdom Hearts references. I want Sora's outfit and the Kingdom Key to be unlockables. :P The only reason why I'm interested in this game in the first place is because it's developed by the KH team, not because it's an FF title.

Basically, I just want it to be like Kingdom Hearts but better.
"
KH references! Never thought of that....damn I'm more hyped now.
#30 Posted by LiquidPrince (16004 posts) -
Meresin said:
"To answer the subject line...Exclusivity that won't go away the minute Microsoft waves a check in SE's face.
"
Everyone wants that!
#31 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Meresin said:
"To answer the subject line...Exclusivity that won't go away the minute Microsoft waves a check in SE's face.
"
Everyone wants that!"
We can only hope. :)
#32 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

I want to see gameplay that takes what happens in Kingdom Hearts to a new level, as well as a story that is compelling and different to what we are going to see in ffXIII

#33 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Otacon said:
"I want to see gameplay that takes what happens in Kingdom Hearts to a new level, as well as a story that is compelling and different to what we are going to see in ffXIII"
i think ff13 has ff12 gameplay. ffv13 is the one with kingdom hearts gameplay i believe
#34 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"Otacon said:
"I want to see gameplay that takes what happens in Kingdom Hearts to a new level, as well as a story that is compelling and different to what we are going to see in ffXIII"
i think ff13 has ff12 gameplay. ffv13 is the one with kingdom hearts gameplay i believe"
This is true.  FFXIII is like an updated version of the FFXII battle system and versus is Kingdom Hearts style....but even more awesome! :D
#35 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Otacon said:
i think ff13 has ff12 gameplay. ffv13 is the one with kingdom hearts gameplay i believe"
This is true.  FFXIII is like an updated version of the FFXII battle system and versus is Kingdom Hearts style....but even more awesome! :D"
forget ff13 and go to ffv13 then
#36 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Otacon said:
This is true.  FFXIII is like an updated version of the FFXII battle system and versus is Kingdom Hearts style....but even more awesome! :D"
forget ff13 and go to ffv13 then"
Or I can get both! :D
#37 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Otacon said:
Or I can get both! :D"
b b but its kingdom hearts gameplay
#38 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"nerdboy said:
"shadows_kill said:
"Otacon said:
Or I can get both! :D"
b b but its kingdom hearts gameplay
#39 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -

Well yeah which means Versus >>>>>>>>>> XIII

#40 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

That's what im thinking, and it being similar to KH doesn't hurt either!

#41 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Sentry said:
"That's what im thinking, and it being similar to KH doesn't hurt either!"
yes sentry agrees with us
#42 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
shadows_kill said:
"Sentry said:
"That's what im thinking, and it being similar to KH doesn't hurt either!"
yes sentry agrees with us"
Holy crap he does! :D
#43 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Its all about the story

#44 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

A good game...

#45 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

Stop the damn chain. Also, I have faith it will be kickass when it comes out and we quite frankly know nothing about it so we can't know what it has/is missing

#46 Posted by BatOtaku13 (143 posts) -

i'd like to see a combat system that combines turn based strategy with a more action feel.  crisis core is a great route for this game to go as far as inspiration.

#47 Posted by ThePhenomenal1 (467 posts) -

what do i want to see?

well i didn't even think the game existed anymore. don't really care about it at all. i think XIII pissed off enough people.

#48 Posted by stoodspoon (649 posts) -

I want to see a release date

#49 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Death by hair. 
hair spheres

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.