Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Franchise »

Final Fantasy is Square Enix's most famous and successful franchise and has been going for more than 35 years. With the impending release of Final Fantasy XVI, there are sixteen numbered mainline games, with dozens of spin-offs.

Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII Canceled - Versus XIII Only Left

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup home-boys,

Square Enix dropped the rights to Final Fantasy Heresis XIII.  For people who don't know, it was part of the Fabula Crystalis saga...and yes, that means Versus XIII is the only game left that was originally announced.  Agito XIII is changed to a new game and Heresis XIII is canned.  

Haeresis XIII was a top secret proper game, and now it has been killed before it was shown.  I guess the teams working on it thought it sucked.

Now to the real question, when will Nomura finally break the secret that Versus XIII is secretly a Kingdom Hearts tie in?  Organization XIII...Versus XIII?  All the signs are pointing that Versus mimics Kingdom Hearts in more ways than just the battle system.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

What about XIII-2?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Man, Square Enix comes up with some really confusing names for its games. 

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MiniPato

Meh, probably better off that way. Try working on 5 Final Fantasy projects at a time instead of 10 Square, or better yet, work on one at a time Square. Maybe you'll do a better job of figuring out what the fuck your games are supposed to be before you announce them and not show anything for 5 years.

And I think tying Versus XIII into Kingdom Hearts would do more harm than good and wouldn't be worth the hassle.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jasta

I didn't even know it was a game, and now it isn't. 

I Win!

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Toxin066
    @KaosAngel: Duder, your on the ball today with finding all kinds of news and whatnot.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MiniPato: You know that's logic...and apparently Nomura's team is the only one that understands this.  They've been focused on Versus XIII since 2006, despite the really love development for Versus XIII...it's shaping out to be worth it.  It's a good thing Nomura told his team to just focus on Versus and not the other projects.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zityz

I'm still waiting for Final Fantasy XIII-XIII

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Aus_azn
    @KaosAngel said:

Now to the real question, when will Nomura finally break the secret that Versus XIII is secretly a Kingdom Hearts tie in?  Organization XIII...Versus XIII?  All the signs are pointing that Versus mimics Kingdom Hearts in more ways than just the battle system.

We'll probably find out that it's the fabled Kingdom Hearts 3.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Aus_azn said:

We'll probably find out that it's the fabled Kingdom Hearts 3.

Oh man, the shit storm it would cause.  I can see it now, E3 2012...just 6 months before the Japanese release.  Sweeping gameplay, large environments...and that beautiful score by Yoko.  At the end of it, two cloaked figures fly down with keyblades...and they take off their hoods.  It's Mickey Mouse and Sora...their only words are, "...this is the end of our story."

Kingdom Hearts III - 2012

Final Fantasy fans groan, Kingdom Heart fans cream their pants.

This Man Trolls All of Square Enix
     This Man Trolls All of Square Enix
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ESREVER

FF Agito XIII got changed to FF type-0, right? So its still in the works as a Final Fantasy title.

Again I ask, what about Final Fantasy XIII-2? I'm actually looking forward to that one (not as much as VS XIII) because I was one of the few who really enjoyed XIII. I hope that doesn't get canned.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

Maybe the news should have been "Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII is a thing", and THEN "it got canceled".

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ESREVER: I guess XIII-2 is still good.  No announcements yet...but they haven't cleared all of their canceled projects.  Rumors are going around Type-0 is getting the axe though.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By FreakAche

I didn't even know it ever existed. All I remember from when they announced the Fabula something something series were XIII, Versus XIII, and Agito XIII.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ESREVER
    @KaosAngel: Those rumors better stay rumors >:/ Type-0 looks and sounds fantastic. I spent a good 5 hours on there homepage listening to that one track over and over. Speaking of which, I'm gonna see if they released any new tracks.
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By IBurningStar
    @Jasta said:

I didn't even know it was a game, and now it isn't. 

I Win!

Me too!
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ESREVER: I dunno man.  Right now Square Enix has to focus on Nomura not fucking up Versus XIII.  He put his entire Kingdom Hearts team on it, spend tens of millions on developing it, has been worked on since 2006, and isn't seeing a release until late 2012 at the very earliest.  

I would be fucking shocked if they pulled Versus XIII for the other games.  It's looking more than likely that other projects are being killed for Versus XIII.  Right now that game is Square's most important release, and it won't even be out for a couple years.
    Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Faint

I don't know about Kingdom Hearts III making people cream their pants to be honest. I was a big fan of the first two, but after all the shit Square has been turning up lately, why would it even be considered a major release? I don't even care when they announce Final Fantasy games anymore, which is really worrying considering JRPG is my favourite genre. Also, pretty funny of them to cancel a game seemingly none of us knew about to begin with? lol.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By beforet

I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as "Heresis XIII." I thought all the other XIII games were Versus, Agito and XIII itself.

edit: Maybe now they can work on only one game at a time and manage a development cycle shorter than 6 years.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Beforet: No, this game was announced a while ago as a "top secret" project, they didn't have anything else on it so people didn't really care.  Now that Square is putting out all their canceled games, it's showing up again.  They still haven't stated what all the games are yet, only some of them have been announced as canceled.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince

Never even heard of this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.