The Final Fantasy Villian

#1 Posted by korkesh (133 posts) -

Final Fantasy has seen many dastardly villains and with their own personal way of dishing out evil, however my favorite villain out of all must be kefka from Final Fantasy Six/Three. They he had his manical laugh and slightly psycopathic way of dishing out his evil, he was truealy a bad ass!

Who is your favourite villian from the Final Fantasy Franchise and why?

#2 Posted by Rex (82 posts) -

I've got to agree with Kefka. He was such an excellent villain and a real breath of fresh air. VI had an excellent cast, but his personality almost overshadowed them completely. It was that significant.

#3 Posted by GigaWyvern (123 posts) -

I thought that Kefka was a woman when I first saw him...

My favourite is Seifer from Final Fantasy VIII. I think that he counts as a "villain".

#4 Posted by Lolzhacked (84 posts) -

I really liked the idea of Sin from FFX. He was this huge thing that just kept coming back, that's an epic boss in my books :D

#5 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

Although I agree that Kefka was an amazing villain, I'd have to say Kuja is my favourite. I mean, he destroyed an entire planet, and then practically destroyed the universe itself, although Zidane and co. reversed that.

#6 Posted by NotaStalker (172 posts) -

obviously SEPHIROTH. amgad what an easy question.

#7 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Kefka and Sephiroth

#8 Posted by AtomicEdge (308 posts) -

Sephiroth was good at being a kind of "pure evil" guy, but I like Seifer because he wasn't an angst ridden teenager like Squall. A game from Seifers perspective would have been good.

#9 Posted by Zoidberg (175 posts) -

Kefka's my favorite.

And the best, imo.

#10 Posted by Gupta (33 posts) -
lolzhacked said:
"I really liked the idea of Sin from FFX. He was this huge thing that just kept coming back, that's an epic boss in my books :D
"

I did like the concept of Sin, and how hes like a divine entity and it seems like youll never beat him. But I have to agree with Notastalker Sephiroth takes the top place.

#11 Posted by evilhomer (429 posts) -

Kefka just for that sinful laugh of his.

#12 Posted by optimusprime223 (396 posts) -

the dude for FFX, cant remember his name though, the one who tried to marry yuna.. and sephiroth looked badass, or does now at least and has a seven foot sword. a. seven.foot.sword.

#13 Edited by Gupta (33 posts) -
optimusprime223 said:
"the dude for FFX, cant remember his name though, the one who tried to marry yuna.. and sephiroth looked badass, or does now at least and has a seven foot sword. a. seven.foot.sword."

Maester Seymour. Yeh lol I wanted to beat him down.
#14 Posted by pikastar (95 posts) -

Sephiroth. He kicks ass and has the best theme music.

#15 Posted by Mann_uk (73 posts) -

Ruby weapon, check out my profile just posted a blog about Ruby & Diamond weapon.

#16 Posted by sohail12345 (46 posts) -

SEPHIROTH and Sin they Brought hell To the Final Fantasy games

caption
front cover
#17 Posted by MattyFTM (14363 posts) -

I loved sephiroth. He was devilishly evil. Plus the One Winged Angel music completely rocks.

#18 Posted by solidphoenix (286 posts) -

Sephiroth and Vayne.

#19 Posted by igpx407 (75 posts) -

Kuja was badass

#20 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

i like the style of sin. "im a huge whale like thing made from the aeon that killed me."

#21 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Hard to say for myself, I have different reasons for liking different ones but I like Sin and Venat quite a bit. Also the dude in FF3 his name slips my mind at the moment. I found his simple motive actually good and entertaining.

#22 Edited by BoG (5187 posts) -
pikastar said:
"Sephiroth. He kicks ass and has the best theme music.
"
Kefka and Exdeath had way better music, not to mention, they had a whole lot more substance. Not to mention, if we are talking about "Pure Evil" that AtomicEdge mentioned, that award goes to Kefka, who hated everything, and could murder an entire kingdom on a whim. Kefka was also one of the few villains in any form of media who actually took over the world. Your quest in FFVI is really just to get revenge. Not to mention, that maniacal laugh... Kuja, similarly, was quite evil, considering he attempted to destroy absolutely everything because he was about to lose.
I guess Sephiroth tried to destroy the world, but he was so aloof and lacking in personality that he never seemed as threatening as previous villains. I thought Rufus and ShinRA were more of a threat throughout most of the game.
Oh, and I like Gilgamesh, he was a great character in FFV, and the idea of a dimensional traveling sword collector is just awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.