Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Dec 18, 1987

Final Fantasy was the first entry in the now widely recognized Final Fantasy franchise, originally developed on the NES by Square (now Square-Enix).

The original Final Fantasy is now on the Wii Shop Channel!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

If you haven't played any of the remakes or want another shot at the original NES version, it's now available for five bucks.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

About time right? Doesn't matter too much to me since I already have it for the GBA, but it's good that they are adding more of the games that the VC is lacking

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hailinel
    @AgentJ: Yeah.  I kind of wonder if Square will put up the original versions of the games that never came out here (II, III, V), or just skip straight to the U.S. versions of FFIV and VI.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Hailinel said:
    " @AgentJ: Yeah.  I kind of wonder if Square will put up the original versions of the games that never came out here (II, III, V), or just skip straight to the U.S. versions of FFIV and VI. "
    Since all VI (lol) are already translated in english I assume we will see each one. I could see III not making it since the only localization was associated with a remake, and it would take more work to set it up. V should be no problem since they would only have to port the GBA version.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

Guess I'll pick this up when they reimburse the money I put up for that Internet Channel.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By teptom

I think I have an extra 5 dollars lying around somewhere.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @AgentJ said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @AgentJ: Yeah.  I kind of wonder if Square will put up the original versions of the games that never came out here (II, III, V), or just skip straight to the U.S. versions of FFIV and VI. "
    Since all VI (lol) are already translated in english I assume we will see each one. I could see III not making it since the only localization was associated with a remake, and it would take more work to set it up. V should be no problem since they would only have to port the GBA version. "
    True, but those aren't the original versions (though FFV on the GBA comes pretty darn close to its original.)
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Dalai

I'm just shocked Square Enix simply didn't remake the game for WiiWare or DS and charge an ungodly amount of money for it.  Kudos to them for sticking to the original and charging the normal amount. 

Still not getting it, though.  It was the first game that made me realize that I don't really like RPGs.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By eirikr

This is still my favorite version of the game. If the MSX version didn't have such horrible scrolling and Masters weren't broken (for the worse), it'd be superior, not like we'd ever see that over here. 

$5 is a bargain for this.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @Dalai said:
    " I'm just shocked Square Enix simply didn't remake the game for WiiWare or DS and charge an ungodly amount of money for it.  Kudos to them for sticking to the original and charging the normal amount.  Still not getting it, though.  It was the first game that made me realize that I don't really like RPGs. "
    To be fair, they did release a stand-alone PSP version that was pretty darn overpriced for what it offered, so they already went that route. :P
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
    @Hailinel said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    Since all VI (lol) are already translated in english I assume we will see each one. I could see III not making it since the only localization was associated with a remake, and it would take more work to set it up. V should be no problem since they would only have to port the GBA version. "
    True, but those aren't the original versions (though FFV on the GBA comes pretty darn close to its original.) "
    I doubt it will be a problem. They said they'd be bringing them all anyway (when they announced FF would be coming to VC) 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.