Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fight: Double Impact

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 14, 2010

The original arcade versions of Final Fight and Magic Sword are collected in this downloadable release.

24 hour wait between between shared game on 2 PS3 systems?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

I bought FF:DI yesterday on my sisters account like I do with most PSN items.
    If you can share things, why buy it twice? After all, I bought both PS3s and all the stuff on both.

So my sister and I downloaded FF:DI last night, I got done first and started playing.
    She messages me saying that she can't play it for 24 hours because it was activated on another system first.

Anyone know if this is a common thing for Capcom games? Or if Sony started doing something?
    I really don't have a big issue, I just don't want to go "HEY WE SHOULD PLAY THIS, IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!!"
    only to find out that she has to wait 24 hours before she can play it.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#2  Edited By vigorousjammer

Not sure, it's the first i've heard of it, but it sounds like it'd be something Sony-side.
    I don't see Capcom putting in restrictions on that, it sounds like it's at the PSN level, which would most likely be Sony.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Swaboo
    @RecSpec:  The only other game that does this as far as i can tell is Warhawk. this is a pain in the ass.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yeah they updated the terms of use to take this into account.

you can now get banned for game sharing by the way but it seems to be regulated only to beta games...But yeah you get 5 game shares per account, and 1 video content share per account I.E 1 ps3 system that is activated as the accounts main ps3 is only capable of playing said movie. So its not per game but account, and Games are now coming out that are programmed to only be able to play 1 system every 24 hours.
    Sony is changing the game cause they realized they messed up by giving us 5 account shares, and since they cannot do it retroactive and end up getting sued massively for breaches of terms of use, they implimenting the chances in the Terms of use so future games can do the 24 hour period stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.