Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Australian Bombadier Emblemiers?

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So now that the game has been released for a couple of weeks (at least in my territory), I was wondered if there were any folks who'd recently got the game? So far I've accidentally let my main get hitched to Chrom, and Vaike/Sully ended up having too much in common to keep them from marriage. I found a master seal and used it on my main (probably at a bad time) but now she kicks ass with steel.

Basically I'm just bumbling along making a bunch of mistakes learning how the game mechanics work. It's fun.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By LackingSaint

I just finished the game and had a ton of fun with it, it was a great experience slowly wrapping my head around different mechanics as they become important; first it was simple squad management, figuring out which situations would lead to my units being decimated and so on. Then it became top priority for me to build relationships and marriages between characters to maximise relationship bonuses (marriages went as follows: Panne and Donnel, followed by Tharja and Maincharacter, Vaike and Olivia, Chrom and Sully, Lon'qu and Lissa, Frederick and Cordelia, Virion and Maribelle, Morgan and Inigo, Yarne and Kjell, Owain and Noire). Once I started dealing with over a dozen troops in a battle, figuring pair-ups were important so I wasn't spreading myself too thin. Finally, I used Second Seals a TON late-game to make sure I had a good spread of classes and was properly utilising character points and children inheritances.

One of the best games i've ever played as far as throwing a bunch of systems at you and never making them seem confusing.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BisonHero
    LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hajitorus: Vaike/Sully fo' life!

@lackingsaint: Panne/Donnel fo' life!

That is all.

Donnel offering that dumb wooden ring's gotta be the sweetest of all the marriage proposals, but Donnel's amazing anyway so i'm not surprised.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bisonhero said:

@hajitorus: Vaike/Sully fo' life!

@lackingsaint: Panne/Donnel fo' life!

That is all.

Donnel offering that dumb wooden ring's gotta be the sweetest of all the marriage proposals, but Donnel's amazing anyway so i'm not surprised.

I secretly suspect that all of Donnel's marriage proposals are probably great.

Still, I liked that Panne/Donnel led to a building of mutual respect (Vaike and Sully also did that), whereas some of the male/female supports are still not even close to romantic or emotionally close even at A-level, and I really can't imagine how they could suddenly become marriage if you take it to S-level.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I may not be Australian, but I just got the game. Planning on starting this weekend.

Hajitorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hajitorus

Funny you should mention Donnel. Donnel, what to do with you. It's a really tough choice between Lissa and Maribelle. Leaning towards Lissa. After pairing got introduced though, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to ever let healers actually cast, so Maribelle's languishing at level 4, but somehow I got Lissa to level 11?

Uhm, anyway. Best of luck to anyone starting out a Fire Emblem quest, hope you kick ass and take names (hopefully not for tombstones).

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just picked up the game today and I keep using my main character to kill enemies making him a lot higher level than other members. I probably should spread out the experience points evenly across all characters right? But then I have a feeling some characters may not actually have a permanent place in the story so I'm hesitant on letting certain characters take the EXP (like Frederick because he's so OP in the beginning).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.