Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Fire Emblem 3DS coming to North America!

• 60 results
    Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Hunter5024

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Yay! I'm still peeved the sequel to shadow dragon never came out here because of all the cool crazy stuff that was apparently in that game, but I will be happy to play this one nevertheless. At least it's not a remake.

Having finished it a few weeks ago, I can confirm that Shin Monshou no Nazo is a much more interesting game than Shadow Dragon ever was. Now if only the translation patch would get finished at some point. Then I could probably comment on the story too.

Awakening takes place in Archanea, which has me a little worried that some references to the events in Shin Monshou no Nazo could get lost, but on the other hand, the game takes place so long after the earlier games that I can't imagine many of the events being relevant.

I don't know; Fire Emblem 4 takes place 1000 years before the Archanea games, but it still manages to fit a reference to it in there. (If there is obscure knowledge on Fire Emblem 4, I am there to know the shit out of it.)

Are all of those older ones that never came to america worth playing still?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#52  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Hunter5024: As both I and @Video_Game_King: will be quick to tell you, the answer is FUCK YES. Seisen no Keifu and Thracia 776 are two of the better games in the series, and Fuuin no Tsurugi at least has the benefit of playing like the other GBA games, except actually being hard. The two NES games are apparently pretty crusty, and Monshou no Nazo is kind of overshadowed by Shin Monshou no Nazo, now that that exists.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By Hunter5024

@ArbitraryWater: What about story wise? I actually played Fuuin no Tsurugi and thought it was pretty good except only having Roy and Merlinus with speaking roles really hamstrung the whole story, and I had a similar problem getting into Shadow Dragon because of that (And the completely watered down mechanics, such as no rescue and no bonus movement for horses etc).

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Contrarian

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Emblem is easily my favourite game series. Plus, just in case they are tardy in a PAL release, or not at all, I now possess my NTSC 3DS sitting alongside my PAL one, so I will just import. This story makes me a very happy gamer indeed.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Contrarian said:

Fire Emblem is easily my favourite game series. Plus, just in case they are tardy in a PAL release, or not at all, I now possess my NTSC 3DS sitting alongside my PAL one, so I will just import. This story makes me a very happy gamer indeed.

It was confirmed for Europe ages ago though. February, in fact.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Contrarian

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Contrarian said:

Well hush my mouth. I need to keep up with the news.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#57  Edited By Hailinel

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Contrarian said:

Which is why Norrth Americans were wringing their hands wondering what the heck NOA is doing.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By liako21

lool

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By awadnin

Nice I can't wait to put my hands on that game.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By liako21

February 4th!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.