Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Fire Emblem Awakening DLC

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Retromancy

Has anyone bought any of the packs? I started playing the game a couple of days ago and I'm wondering if any of the DLC is worth buying.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Has anyone bought any of the packs? I started playing the game a couple of days ago and I'm wondering if any of the DLC is worth buying.

None of the DLC is absolutely essential, but they do provide some interesting battle scenarios, many of which involve characters from previous Fire Emblem titles. There are also maps that are designed specifically for farming gold or experience, if you're inclined to do that. Personally, as I consider Fire Emblem one of my favorite franchises, I did find the DLC worth buying, but your mileage may vary.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shotgunlincoln: The Future Past and Scramble DLC are considered the best for adding to your experience, while others are mainly for skills or gold. The Scramble DLC adds some fun character interactions, and Future Past does the same, along with some real challenge.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, guys. Definitely will pick some of if not all of them up now.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The DLC is essential.

No Caption Provided

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mwng

Bought pretty much all of them, I'd recommend them in the following order if you aren't buying them all:

The Future Past pack and the Scramble Pack are great for some more character interaction. Future Past requires a bit of strategy to pull off perfectly, while I was probably vastly over leveled for any of the Scramble maps to provide a challenge.

Lost Bloodlines and Smash Brethren give access to the Dread Fighter and Bride class respectively. Though I wasn't really a fan of old Hubba and his cards, even if he was determined to break the 4th wall.

I have the other packs too, but felt I could take or leave them. Maybe the Challenge Pack if you want a lot of gold to kit out a jerk street pass team. Some of the writing in the Challenge Pack also almost made me giggle.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DLC is essential.

No Caption Provided

The Summer Scramble DLC. It is good later game grinding if you need it, and there's some funny dialogue there. Worth buying.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

If you're really into the game, then I think it's worth getting.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By C2C

I second @mwng's post. I'd add that you aren't missing out by not having the DLC classes. All the DLC has some character specific interactions, if your into that.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you love the game and love Fire Emblem, then get it, the DLC adds a ton of content in my opinion. If you're on the fence about spending a few bucks and you got enough from the main game and don't really need more, then you might wanna hold off. Though the DLC classes and skills are very worth it.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just picked up Fire Emblem two days ago and I am loving it. It's amazing. As far as the DLC is concerned is this something I can pick up now or after I finish the game?

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just picked up Fire Emblem two days ago and I am loving it. It's amazing. As far as the DLC is concerned is this something I can pick up now or after I finish the game?

You can have it whenever you liiiiiiike.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy: Thanks hoss <3.

Would you also happen to know why you cannot heal yourself if you are a healer? I find it odd that I can heal all my teammates that are adjacent to my healer but she cannot heal herself? However, I do know it's Japanese game and they always have strange rules :P

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@flappy: Thanks hoss <3.

Would you also happen to know why you cannot heal yourself if you are a healer? I find it odd that I can heal all my teammates that are adjacent to my healer but she cannot heal herself? However, I do know it's Japanese game and they always have strange rules :P

Yeah, you can't heal yourself as a healer. You can use items on yourself though.

Just like attacking, healing is only on other people.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBlue

@eightbitshik: The healer not being able to heal him or herself is always been a thing in Fire Emblem. I would assume it's just a gameplay reason to employ tactics to keep your healers alive and not put them in danger.

Most of the DLC is best left for the endgame especially if you're playing the game for the first time. A couple ones though, like the grinding pack and the first map (the Marth one) can be done fairly soon after you unlock the DLC location in the game. The other two in the pack (Roy and Micaiah) can be beaten pretty easily by midgame and Micaiah's gives you a neat skill. It won't really change the course of the game when you do them as the ones that give new useful skills and classes typically can't be beaten until near the end of the game unless you've grinded heavily.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EightBitShik

The only other issue I am having now is I have my Paladin at level 20 and he cannot level more but his stats are not maxed out like he only has 71 hp and I know he can be up to 80 and I can increase the def and res more. I have fought other people (The shadow stuff) and they have toons who are level 1 but 80 hp and high def. What do I do now to increase his stats since he is maxed out?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only other issue I am having now is I have my Paladin at level 20 and he cannot level more but his stats are not maxed out like he only has 71 hp and I know he can be up to 80 and I can increase the def and res more. I have fought other people (The shadow stuff) and they have toons who are level 1 but 80 hp and high def. What do I do now to increase his stats since he is maxed out?

Use a second seal to switch classes. This will allow you to level more and get more stats. If you want to go back to being a paladin again after you get more stats you can second seal back to it.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mentaldisruption: Oh, thanks. I kind of thought of doing that but I was afraid I would lose too many stats and I would be in the same boat once I hit level 20 as the new class. Thanks for the help <3.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eightbitshik: You retain stats when you use a second seal. If you go from a promoted class back to an unpromoted one (Knight, Mage, Cavalier, etc.) it may seem like you're losing stats as the stat caps are a lot lower, but when you promote them again, you'll see the stats shoot back up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.