Fire Emblem: Awakening eShop Download waiting room

  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

EDIT: It's UP!!!

Fire Emblem Awakening should be available on the eShop in less than an hour, who else is freaking out?

I can't remember the last time I've been this excited for a TRPG. The depth of features in Awakening puts all past FE games to shame. The minute I found out my preorder was on backorder I canceled it and ran to the store to buy a bigger SD card and a card reader. I'm probably the only person that cares this much. Am I the only person that cares this much? I haven't even touched it yet but it's already a GotY contender for me.

Soon!
#2 Edited by Avaren (75 posts) -

I was under the impression that no one knew for sure if it was going to hit at midnight or not. DO YOU HAS CONFIRMATIONS?

Also I predict massive eShop shitting itself debacle.

#3 Posted by smokeyd123 (358 posts) -

I'm super excited for it, But I wanted to buy the physical release. 1. Because I get a discount (I work at Gamestop, feel free to hate me.) and 2. It would take up less space on my 3DS, since I'll be buying the DLC. Unfortunately, It's been delayed by about 4-5 days due to some bullshit shipping error, so I'm sad. I'm pumped for you though!

:D

#4 Posted by Bocam (3962 posts) -

By midnight, do you mean 9 AM PST?

#5 Posted by Joeyoe31 (848 posts) -

@Avaren said:

I was under the impression that no one knew for sure if it was going to hit at midnight or not. DO YOU HAS CONFIRMATIONS?

Also I predict massive eShop shitting itself debacle.

12 AM EST was when NSMB2 and Paper Mario went for sale on the Eshop. I'd assume the same for Fire Emblem.

The Eshop was fine when both the titles mentioned before went on sale, but from what I've heard the download for them was terrible.

I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow after class in order to play them, but from what I hear some shipping problems has cause Nintendo to push the release date for physical copies to Friday or something like that. Google it if you don't believe me.

#6 Posted by DiscountLlama (9 posts) -

Ha! I came here to see if it was in fact hitting the e-shop at Midnight EST, so at least now I get a comfy room to wait in with others to see if it does.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

I called my local Gamestop today, and I have assurances that my preorder will be available for pick-up, but I'm still worried because I haven't gotten the automated message yet. If I go down to the store after work tomorrow and it's not there, I'm not sure what sort of reaction I'll have.

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

@Avaren said:

I was under the impression that no one knew for sure if it was going to hit at midnight or not. DO YOU HAS CONFIRMATIONS?

Also I predict massive eShop shitting itself debacle.

Not a confirmation, no, but IIRC Sticker Stars, NSMB2, and Layton all went up at 12AM EST so I don't see why Fire Emblem wouldn't.

@Bocam said:

By midnight, do you mean 9 AM PST?
  • 12AM EST
  • 11PM MST
  • 10PM CST
  • 9PM PST

@DiscountLlama said:

Ha! I came here to see if it was in fact hitting the e-shop at Midnight EST, so at least now I get a comfy room to wait in with others to see if it does.

One can only hope.

#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I called my local Gamestop today, and I have assurances that my preorder will be available for pick-up, but I'm still worried because I haven't gotten the automated message yet. If I go down to the store after work tomorrow and it's not there, I'm not sure what sort of reaction I'll have.

Screaming would be appropriate. How big is your SD card?

#10 Posted by smokeyd123 (358 posts) -

@Hailinel: Good luck, My store and all the ones around me have been delayed, Same for the others in the next state over.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/03/fire-emblem-awakening-delayed-due-to-shipping-error.aspx

Also this.

#11 Posted by triple07 (1236 posts) -

How big of an SD card do you need? I'm debating whether or not to just get it off the eShop since it sounds like I might not be able to find it tomorrow at Best Buy where I have a gift card to.

#12 Posted by Joeyoe31 (848 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I called my local Gamestop today, and I have assurances that my preorder will be available for pick-up, but I'm still worried because I haven't gotten the automated message yet. If I go down to the store after work tomorrow and it's not there, I'm not sure what sort of reaction I'll have.

That's essentially how I am too. I remember when I went to go pick up Ni No Kuni the gamestop employee was telling me that they already had their copies of Fire Emblem. Pretty sure I'll be fine but you never know with this stuff.

#13 Posted by DiscountLlama (9 posts) -

@triple07: Just checked on the store, it doesn't mention a size -.-. And previous 3DS games have been from 2000 blocks to a hair over 4000. The demo was ~1100 blocks if memory serves, but I don't think that is any indication of final size.

In summary: We wont know until it goes up on the store!

#14 Posted by JCGamer (758 posts) -

Yea-ill probably download this as well. Off topic (sort of)-why does Nintendo insist on using the "block" system for memory. I have no idea how large games are or how much memory I have. Seems kind of dumb-who doesn't know what a megabyte is nowadays?

#15 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@Hailinel said:

I called my local Gamestop today, and I have assurances that my preorder will be available for pick-up, but I'm still worried because I haven't gotten the automated message yet. If I go down to the store after work tomorrow and it's not there, I'm not sure what sort of reaction I'll have.

Screaming would be appropriate. How big is your SD card?

32GB, so no problem there. I just prefer having that physical copy.

But yeah, I'll probably scream and curl int a fetal position until security drags me away.

#16 Posted by admachina (215 posts) -

@DiscountLlama said:

@triple07: Just checked on the store, it doesn't mention a size -.-. And previous 3DS games have been from 2000 blocks to a hair over 4000. The demo was ~1100 blocks if memory serves, but I don't think that is any indication of final size.

In summary: We wont know until it goes up on the store!

Prof. Layton & The Miracle Mask was 6323 and I wouldn't be surprised if this is much closer to that than anything else that's come out on the eShop.

The Fire Emblem demo was 1024 itself!

#17 Posted by DiscountLlama (9 posts) -

@admachina: I knew my estimate was going to be off somehow. Seeing as I downloaded Prof. Layton, you would think I'd remember, but with the stupid blocks format for counting memory it can be hard -.-

#18 Edited by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

@admachina said:

@DiscountLlama said:

@triple07: Just checked on the store, it doesn't mention a size -.-. And previous 3DS games have been from 2000 blocks to a hair over 4000. The demo was ~1100 blocks if memory serves, but I don't think that is any indication of final size.

In summary: We wont know until it goes up on the store!

Prof. Layton & The Miracle Mask was 6323 and I wouldn't be surprised if this is much closer to that than anything else that's come out on the eShop.

The Fire Emblem demo was 1024 itself!

8579 blocks.

EDIT: So over a gig.

#19 Posted by EyebrowsMulligan (13 posts) -

Oh man....All this talk about having enough free space has me thinking it was all too good to be true after all. I've got whatever came with my XL and that already had MK7 on it. :/

#20 Posted by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

@EyebrowsMulligan: I believe the XL came with a 4GB card so you should be in good shape.

#21 Edited by Avaren (75 posts) -

@EyebrowsMulligan said:

Oh man....All this talk about having enough free space has me thinking it was all too good to be true after all. I've got whatever came with my XL and that already had MK7 on it. :/

Worse comes to worst, just jam a SATA cable with a drive on it into the SD card slot. This will work.

Source: I have a PHD in storagology.

#22 Posted by EyebrowsMulligan (13 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: Thanks! Just checked and it says I've got around 25,000 blocks free, so the party is back on!

#23 Posted by OmegaChosen (657 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@StarvingGamer said:

@Hailinel said:

I called my local Gamestop today, and I have assurances that my preorder will be available for pick-up, but I'm still worried because I haven't gotten the automated message yet. If I go down to the store after work tomorrow and it's not there, I'm not sure what sort of reaction I'll have.

Screaming would be appropriate. How big is your SD card?

32GB, so no problem there. I just prefer having that physical copy.

But yeah, I'll probably scream and curl int a fetal position until security drags me away.

Chain yourself to the store. Show them the desperation loyalty of a Fire Emblem player!

I'll probably fume silently before trying to find out when they will get it and checking other stores to see if they got them before deciding on whether to just get it off the eShop.

Side note: There are at least 2-3 real physical copies that exist in my city right now that I know of. The reason I know of this is because a GameStop was having some little event where they let people dick around with the game in their store for a few hours. I didn't go but they exist. I will have to decide whether they are worth the jail time from possibly being caught sneaking into the back of the store for if things go south. Decisions, decisions.

#24 Posted by Ryanmgraef (243 posts) -

8000 something blocks...

#25 Posted by mbrown3 (5 posts) -

Super psyched for this. Really hoping it pops at midnight.

#26 Posted by Ryanmgraef (243 posts) -

Dammit...they got me.i bought ninja gaiden while I was waiting.

#27 Posted by ripelivejam (5592 posts) -

wait this comes out TONIGHT???

thought it was teeeuuuusssdayyy for some reason *read in ryan davis voice*

#28 Posted by Ryanmgraef (243 posts) -

Big props to the sweet ninja gaiden cut scenes:)

#29 Edited by ripelivejam (5592 posts) -

i really can't afford $40 now, god dammit....

e: i'm fucking getting it. fml

#30 Posted by OmegaChosen (657 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

i really can't afford $40 now, god dammit....

e: i'm fucking getting it. fml

Welcome brother.

#31 Posted by Ryanmgraef (243 posts) -

Good for you .who needs food or lights!

#32 Posted by EyebrowsMulligan (13 posts) -

@ripelivejam: Games like this are why Top Ramen exists.

#33 Posted by dungbootle (2501 posts) -

*Watitng

#34 Posted by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

*Watitng

What?

Oh I just got that while I was typing this response. You're right, shame on me.

#35 Posted by Ryanmgraef (243 posts) -

Yaaaa!

#36 Posted by mbrown3 (5 posts) -

It's up!

#37 Posted by theimmortalbum (542 posts) -

It's up

#38 Posted by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

It's UP MOTHERFUCKERS

#39 Posted by Avaren (75 posts) -

Nintendo will be able to take full advantage of a 50mbit connection, surely

#40 Posted by Ryanmgraef (243 posts) -

Oh my god so many balloons.

#41 Posted by DiscountLlama (9 posts) -

So how many blocks is in an E-Shop Balloon? Or how many Balloons is a block? Suddenly really curious about this while I wait for all 8bajillion space bits to download.

#42 Posted by Avaren (75 posts) -
ITS HAPPENINGGGGG
#43 Posted by Meepasaurus (240 posts) -

Well, have fun. I'll be waiting for my delayed physical copy. :(

#44 Posted by Bocam (3962 posts) -

My download is going so fucking slow.

#45 Posted by mbrown3 (5 posts) -

The balloons don't represent anything. They're just to let you know something is downloading.

#46 Posted by Avaren (75 posts) -

The balloons represent 3 trillion electrons each.

#47 Posted by EyebrowsMulligan (13 posts) -

MINE!!!!!

#48 Posted by EyebrowsMulligan (13 posts) -

Those are balloons? I thought they were globules.

#49 Posted by DiscountLlama (9 posts) -

@Avaren: Ah of course! How could I be so blind! Now an accurate calculation of the velocity of space bits will finally be mine!

#50 Posted by BamSaidTheLady (91 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.