Fire Emblem: Awakening eShop Download waiting room

• 76 results
#51 Posted by mbrown3 (4 posts) -

If you've already been running a download, then switch to download later, does it start over, or just switch what's left of the download to the background? Does anyone know?

#52 Posted by Avaren (58 posts) -

Mine finished a bit ago

#53 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@admachina said:

@DiscountLlama said:

@triple07: Just checked on the store, it doesn't mention a size -.-. And previous 3DS games have been from 2000 blocks to a hair over 4000. The demo was ~1100 blocks if memory serves, but I don't think that is any indication of final size.

In summary: We wont know until it goes up on the store!

Prof. Layton & The Miracle Mask was 6323 and I wouldn't be surprised if this is much closer to that than anything else that's come out on the eShop.

The Fire Emblem demo was 1024 itself!

8579 blocks.

EDIT: So over a gig.

Thanks. Got that much left on my 4 gig SD that came with the 3DS so maybe I'll get it on the eshop...but still not sure...I want to use my gift card...

#54 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11475 posts) -

I need to find someone with a 3DS, stab them, take their 3DS, and then buy this game on the Eshop. The fact that I am not playing a Fire Emblem game right this second eats at the very core of my black, shriveled heart.

#55 Posted by ripelivejam (3538 posts) -

how long does the game run? 20ish hours?

#56 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

how long does the game run? 20ish hours?

Yeah, but with all the DLC stuff coming down the lime, potentially much longer.

#57 Posted by ripelivejam (3538 posts) -

downloaded!

don't cry for me i'm already dead :D

#58 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

The Japanese voice option is fucked.

#59 Posted by Confirm4Crit (138 posts) -

Gonna play this on da bus all day, woo :D

#60 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1669 posts) -

@Meepasaurus said:

Well, have fun. I'll be waiting for my delayed physical copy. :(

I'm still debating what I want to do. I love having physical copies of games, if at all possible, but I really super duper want to play this game. Decisions, decisions...

#61 Posted by Corvak (901 posts) -

Glad to hear the eShop version seems to be working fine.

Everything that can happen to the physical launch of this...has. I got my copy a week ago - the street date was dropped and then replaced within 24 hours.... and now its sounding like a lot of delays for the major US retailers.

I just hope this gets sorted quickly, FE:A is probably the best game on 3DS thus far, and I really hope it will encourage more Fire Emblem, and more handheld strategy games in north america.

#62 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

@Bocam said:

The Japanese voice option is fucked.

Yeah, I'm getting this too. It's a bit annoying to have to reselect it every time.

Otherwise this games is amazing!

#63 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

Sounds like there was a nationwide shipping error for the US. No one has it. Best Buy and Target are expecting it on the 6th. GameStop is expecting more copies on the 8th. So downloading it may be the only option for duders in the US.

#64 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

Sounds like there was a nationwide shipping error for the US. No one has it. Best Buy and Target are expecting it on the 6th. GameStop is expecting more copies on the 8th. So downloading it may be the only option for duders in the US.

A few places here and there supposedly have it. We'll know more later on in the day. I know there was guy who said he got it from Nintendo World in New York and a few people have said that their GameStops have had them in the back for at least a day or more. A retail store near me presumably has it so I'm gonna call later on in the day to make sure and if GameStop says they don't have it today I'm gonna get a refund and buy it from that store if they do indeed have it.

#65 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

Want! But I won't be able to play until after work. And also I have a bajillion other games I haven't finished.

#66 Posted by Superkenon (1390 posts) -

GameStop Waiting Room :(

#67 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

@Superkenon said:

Bawwwwwwwwww

#68 Posted by Sikila (70 posts) -

@Superkenon said:

<-- In the Europe Waiting Room :((((

#69 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3019 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

i really can't afford $40 now, god dammit....

e: i'm fucking getting it. fml

Haha I'm going through the emotional tear as we speak. Should I? or Shouldn't I?

- In the words of Vinny's Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in Northpoint Quick Look, Fuck it. I bought it.

#70 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft: Good man.

#71 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

I checked the eShop this morning and had every intention of letting it download while I went off to class.

But then class got cancelled due to snow and it is bad out there so now I am super glad for the eShop. Snowed in but I don't care, fuckin' Fire Emblem all day.

#72 Posted by ripelivejam (3538 posts) -

sounds like this is getting the biggest buzz of any fire emblem game so far. that's a good thing :)

lost a character during a mission and stood my ground not to restart. then chrom died too and i was saved :D

#73 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

You spelled "watitng" wrong.

#74 Posted by Superkenon (1390 posts) -

@Sikila said:

@Superkenon said:

<-- In the Europe Waiting Room :((((

:((((((((((((((((

#75 Posted by misquared (28 posts) -

Aaaaaah, can you hear the sound of my heart breaking? It's ringing throughout the internet...

I'm actually buying a 3DS for this game, so I figured I'd go all the way and preorder one of those nifty blue Fire Emblem 3DS bundles... Of course, it's all caught up in the GameStop shipping hullabaloo, so I can't play it until I get that magical phone call from GameStop saying that it's arrived.

You lucky bastards... Enjoy your glorious experience I will join you all in the halls of tactical strategy soon *^*

#76 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

Ok I asked this in my own thread but I've gotten no response. This threads more active and I'm desperate. After I beat chapter 3, there's a purple knight by chapter 2 on the map. Anyone know what he is?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.