Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Gametrailers review has spoilers apparently.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishinfoulux

Just to let you guys know. They have an awful habit of doing this in their reviews. Just be aware of that.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By drac96

Where? If it's what I think it is, then its the most obvious thing ever. You can figure it out in the demo.

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Juno500

@drac96 said:

Where? If it's what I think it is, then its the most obvious thing ever. You can figure it out in the demo.

Is the "spoiler" in the review that

Please just give a yes or no response.

I had been avoiding the review, but if that's the only thing to worry about, then I'll go ahead an watch the review since I came to that conclusion based on the demo.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By AssInAss

@kishinfoulux said:

Just to let you guys know. They have an awful habit of doing this in their reviews. Just be aware of that.

Video reviews are bound to spoil something. At least now Gametrailers does written versions of their reviews.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

I stopped watching Game Trailers reviews a long time ago. They just love to spoil games in them.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Hunter5024

This is pretty much par for the course unfortunately. Which is a shame because I kind of like Gametrailers reviews.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Wemibelle

Yep, they like to spoil things. I used to watch them for EVERYTHING but got burned too many times. Now I make sure that the game in question isn't something I'm really worried about spoilers for before I watch. You'd think they would have learned by now...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Turambar

Went and watched the review, and it's not much of a spoiler at all. If spoilers is what's keeping you, don't worry about it.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By byterunner

Welp, I read a wiki entry on Marth, so I'm pretty much spoiled about the game anyways -_-

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Vanek

I watched it, but didn't really notice. I was mainly wanting to know about the gameplay and the other relevent changes they made. I don't come to Fire Emblem games for the story, I come for that lovely thinking mans combat! =D

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Just watched the review. I have no idea what the spolier is but the game itself looks super neat!

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nilazz

People are WAY too sensitive about spoilers these days.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CptBedlam

@Nilazz said:

Why? What's wrong with being sensitive about spoilers? If they don't bother you, fine, but don't project that onto others. Personally, I hate them. I also consider late-game footage of a game a spoiler and GT would constantly incorporate that into their video reviews which is why I stopped watching them.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baillie

@CptBedlam said:

@Nilazz said:

Why? What's wrong with being sensitive about spoilers? If they don't bother you, fine, but don't project that onto others. Personally, I hate them. I also consider late-game footage of a game a spoiler and GT would constantly incorporate that into their video reviews which is why I stopped watching them.

I find people who are crazy about spoilers kind of moronic. You should really focus on the story or whatever rather than the reveal.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CptBedlam

@Baillie said:

@CptBedlam said:

@Nilazz said:

I find people who are crazy about spoilers kind of moronic. You should really focus on the story or whatever rather than the reveal.

What are you talking about? The reveal is often a huge part of the story. What if I explained Fightclub's twist to you before you watched the movie? Do you think the movie would've had the same impact on you? Spoilers ruin the experience for me. Period.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baillie

@CptBedlam: Yes, because that would obviously be spoiled. I have zero idea what this spoiler even means, but yeah. This is like finding out Naoto is female I assume? Tell you what, if I had found that out beforehand... This game would be RUINED.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CptBedlam

@Baillie: In this case it's not a huge thing but that part would've been spoiled still. As I said, I even consider late-game footage of a game a spoiler because I want to be surprised by where the journey takes me, what the bosses look like etc.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AssInAss

@CptBedlam said:

@Baillie: In this case it's not a huge thing but that part would've been spoiled still. As I said, I even consider late-game footage of a game a spoiler because I want to be surprised by where the journey takes me, what the bosses look like etc.

Then don't watch video reviews, because only getting to see the first few hour of a game and nothing else would make for a dull video (and looks like a preview). It explains the review's points like if there are various environments, if the world changes in a game, or character progression.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CptBedlam

@AssInAss: Yeah, "thanks" for the spoiler gif. That's all stuff I wanted to experience myself when playing the game, witnessing the character's progression etc. I disagree, late-game footage isn't necessary for interesting video reviews. And yes, I stopped watching video reviews... on GT at least because they did that shit all the time. Showing off late-game bossfights etc.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AssInAss

@CptBedlam said:

@AssInAss: Yeah, "thanks" for the spoiler gif. That's all stuff I wanted to experience myself when playing the game, witnessing the character's progression etc. I disagree, late-game footage isn't necessary for interesting video reviews. And yes, I stopped watching video reviews... on GT at least because they did that shit all the time. Showing off late-game bossfights etc.

Except that was used in trailers, much like the style of a GTA 4 trailer. Agree to disagree.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CptBedlam

@AssInAss: You got me. But actually I stopped watching movie trailers for that reason: they show way too much sometimes. And I'm pretty sure that videogame devs are not always content with what marketing puts into the trailers either.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ExplodeMode

The Marth thing? Even I knew that and I'm only kind of paying attention to this game.

But like always, if you're the type of person who really cares about going 100% blind you have to know to not watch video reviews.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eaxis

I stopped watching gametrailers reviews because of spoilers. I sometimes go back after I've played through a game to watch their review. Movie trailers suck because they often show way too much.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HaltIamReptar

You actually have it only half spoiled. There's more to it than that.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nottle

I just watched the video.

I think this falls into it's only a spoiler if you know the twist. Someone could easily watch the review and think that...

the girl that is pretending to be Marth is just some girl with blue hair and a tiara. It's not like they show he let her hair down and take off the mask. All the scenes with her are out of context, it's harmless unless you are very observant to what the character is wearing in the few brief clips or if you already know.
    Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Baillie said:

@CptBedlam said:

@Nilazz said:

If it's an integral part of the story though you can't disassociate the two. I agree people can go overboard worrying about spoilers but at the same time, it sucks having something revealed prematurely. It doesn't wreck the whole experience but it lessens the effect. For example The Walking Dead's ending was spoiled for me by some asshat on this forum and while I still loved the hell out of that game, knowing what was coming really sucked.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HerbieBug

@wemibelec90 said:

Yep, they like to spoil things. I used to watch them for EVERYTHING but got burned too many times. Now I make sure that the game in question isn't something I'm really worried about spoilers for before I watch. You'd think they would have learned by now...

In my experience they are well aware of the tendency, as well as the negative feedback received because of it, and choose not to change. That's why I don't frequent that site anymore.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kishinfoulux

@AssInAss said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Video reviews are bound to spoil something. At least now Gametrailers does written versions of their reviews.

Not true. Gametrailers does it excessively. In fact I believe they spoiled the final boss of Tales of Vesperia. I'm never apprehensive about video reviews, except for the ones they put out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.