Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

How much is this on eshop?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Can anyone tell me how much this is on the eshop in the UK? I am looking to buy a 3ds and would rather download the game when i get it than having a card version.

Cheers

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't know, but keep in mind that if the 3DS you downloaded it onto is lost or broken, you cannot transfer that purchase to a replacement 3DS. Might want to rethink physical.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pedro

I don't know, but keep in mind that if the 3DS you downloaded it onto is lost or broken, you cannot transfer that purchase to a replacement 3DS. Might want to rethink physical.

Eh? Who designed that system? Surely there must be a way...

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's $40 here in the States, so like £25 over there?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mwng

It's £39.99. $62 just for giggles.

Cart is £32.99 on Amazon, I'll never understand digital distribution monopolies...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pedro

@mwng said:

Cart is £32.99 on Amazon, I'll never understand digital distribution monopolies...

Mmmm will prob just buy off Amazon then. Thanks for the hep guyes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mwng said:

Mmmm will prob just buy off Amazon then. Thanks for the hep guyes.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to note: in the event that they do drop the price of the eshop version.

There's now functionality that lets you transfer your saves from the cart, to the download version. So you could sell off the cart at a later date (as Fire Emblem seems to retain it's value).

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Even if I was the type of person that routinely made digital purchase on dedicated gaming consoles, I can't imagine I would ever support Nintendo's ludicrous lack of an account system.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Justin258

@pedro said:

@believer258 said:

To clarify: You can connect two 3DS's and transfer all of the stuff from one 3DS to the other. This, however, requires that both 3DS's are physically in front of you and both are functioning.

So if you digitally purchase all of your games on a 3DS and you are unable to use that particular 3DS for whatever reason, you cannot transfer the purchases on it. Those games are gone for good. No way to get them back.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Trilogy

@believer258 said:

@pedro said:

@believer258 said:

To clarify: You can connect two 3DS's and transfer all of the stuff from one 3DS to the other. This, however, requires that both 3DS's are physically in front of you and both are functioning.

So if you digitally purchase all of your games on a 3DS and you are unable to use that particular 3DS for whatever reason, you cannot transfer the purchases on it. Those games are gone for good. No way to get them back.

Good lord, that's totally unacceptable in this day and age. Imagine if you lost your entire steam library because your pc blew up. That could be hundreds of games. I've been on the verge of picking up a 3DS XL. I'll be sticking to the physical copies if I do...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Justin258

@trilogy said:

@believer258 said:

@pedro said:

@believer258 said:

Good lord, that's totally unacceptable in this day and age. Imagine if you lost your entire steam library because your pc blew up. That could be hundreds of games. I've been on the verge of picking up a 3DS XL. I'll be sticking to the physical copies if I do...

Oh, I hope I didn't dissuade you from buying one. I've played mine a whole hell of a lot since getting it in March, I think, or it may have been April. It's just that Nintendo's way of doing things is ass-backwards at best. Retarded monkeys could make a better internet store.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mwng said:

Every time I think it'll be different, but it never is. At least it's not £50 like most of the games on PSN.

untruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW Game.co.uk have exclusive European rights to sell Download codes for 3DS.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/nintendo-3ds/?attributeName1=Shop%20By&sortColumn=popular&sortTypeStr=DESC&inStockOnly=false&listerOnly=true&provenance=Download&attributeValue1=107

Their online prices are about £8 less than the eShop prices, and if you buy online you get a code immediately.

So, not all doom and gloom.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.