Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Some EB Games and Gamestops in Canada releasing it early

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OmegaChosen

Apparently Toronto Gamestops and EB Games have broken street date, or were told to according to some accounts, and have it available to purchase. So if you live in the Toronto area, or possibly in Canada in general since the broken street date might be affecting more than just Toronto, call up your local EB/GS and see if they've got it available.

I'm just gonna sit down here in the US and weep a bit.

EDIT: Just a bit of info for those wondering: The reason, reportedly, for why EB/GS in Canada are selling it is due to a typo listing it as a street-dated game which caused them to ship it to stores a week early. Seeing as it really isn't street-dated, they can sell them when they get them. US branches didn't have this error so we're out of luck.

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By kingofpeanuts

yeah i picked mine up when they called.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

God. Fucking. Dammit, Canada. The wait is annoying enough. Why must you taunt me so?

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By XenoNick

This makes me even sadder to be in the UK.......curse all of you.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Flappy

That's a bit of a bummer, but at least the wait has given me time to finish FF XIII-2. Gotta love them S-Ranks!

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ttocs

I waited too long to preorder and GameStops aren't allowed to preorder any more copies. I'll most likely stop by a Best Buy or something on Monday to pick it up when they open instead.

eliochip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eliochip

So apparently the US has lifted the street date as well, however very few stores (if any) have gotten their shipment.

I'm in NYC at the moment and i called a video game store (not gamestop) where i got Persona 4 Golden before release. The guy working there took my info down and said he'd give me a call when they get their shipment which should arrive Thursday or Friday.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By mazik765

I went to an EB in Kingston, Ontario yesterday to look around and saw it just sitting on the shelf. Yay Canada!

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaChosen

@eliochip said:

So apparently the US has lifted the street date as well, however very few stores (if any) have gotten their shipment.

I'm in NYC at the moment and i called a video game store (not gamestop) where i got Persona 4 Golden before release. The guy working there took my info down and said he'd give me a call when they get their shipment which should arrive Thursday or Friday.

How I understand it the game was never street-dated per se, the 4th was just the day it was supposed to be sent out. So "lifting" the street date won't do much since the game most likely still won't be sent to stores until the 4th. I've heard that a few sale associates are saying that it's possible they'll be shipped the games later this week but I've also heard just as many say that they won't be getting them sent in until Monday. I'm personally hoping for the former but expect the latter.

EDIT: Also apparently Nintendo, or possibly corporate, has cracked down on stores in Canada and stores (not sure if all of them) are now refusing to sell the game even though they have them and they were doing it for the last day and a half.

eliochip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eliochip

@OmegaChosen said:

Also apparently Nintendo, or possibly corporate, has cracked down on stores in Canada and stores (not sure if all of them) are now refusing to sell the game even though they have them and they were doing it for the last day and a half.

That's kinda disappointing...still hoping the off the radar game shops will just sell as soon as they get their shipment.

cassidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cassidy

@eliochip: Which video game store? I went to a bunch of different Gamestops and got really close with one near Union Square. If they had gotten there shipment in, they totally would have sold it to me.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaChosen

New Update: Gamestops are just screwing with its customers.

There've been reports that this morning an email was sent by corporate to all Gamestops saying that the release date was lifted but that they wouldn't be shipped their games until the 8th at the earliest. I called five different Gamestops in my area and here are what I got as answers to the question "Do you know what's going on with Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS?":

• February 8th at the earliest with it likely being later (he was fairly confident of this)
    • February 5th (he seemed pretty meh about it and might have just been spouting what he knew from the top of his head)
    • February 10th (he seemed meh to completely uncaring about it seeing as he immediately hung up when I repeated it back to him with a sigh before I could ask any follow up questions)
    • February 8th (this guy also seemed confident and actually knew a bit about the whole Canada debacle)
    • February 8th (this guy knew nothing and I had to tell him to check their emails from that morning before he found the message that they'd arrive the 8th)

So yeah, survey says 8th at the earliest for Gamestop, save for the one guy who probably hadn't checked. Another common trait with all these places was that the Fire Emblem: Awakening SKU had been pulled from their systems as they couldn't pull it up when they tried.

So yeah. Maybe look into other places when Monday rolls around.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By GERALTITUDE

There are no street dates in Canada, that's one of the sweet things about living here. Shit just goes on sale as soon as it lands.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.