Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

(Spoilers?): Owain has become death

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, this is my second play through, and the first where I got Owain (The first go round in the FE games I only allow myself 3 map restarts and I lost Lissa early on) And this time round Lissa and my player character made the beast with two backs, creating this guys, and..... Holy crap.

I raised him to level 20 pretty easily and then made him a Swordmaster, that he is now level 4 at. Thats 3 levels below the major non kids of my army (Vaike, Lon'qu, Sully, Virion), and 8 below Chrom/NPC.

These are his stats

45 HP

Strength: 24 (Chrom highest at 31)

Mag: 19 (lolwut) [Highest is my NPC at 32]

Skill: 35 (Second highest is Lucina at 32)

Speed: 40 (Second is Sumia at 34)

Luck: 26 (Highest is Anna [duh] at 34)

Defense: 21 (Highest is Kellem at 29 but 31 with attribute)

Res: 17 (Highest is Sully with 20)

Abilities: Avoid +10, Healtouch (I know), Ignis, Vantage

I mean, I understand that since I am leveling up the kids to 20 instead of 15-17 like the others for the master seal they will in theory be better in the long run, but he is one shotting most non-armor units with a bronze sword, and the ones he doesnt he is getting double hits. He never gets touched, and even when he does it.

I have played every US FE game besides the Wii one (which I own, but yeah plugging in a Wii.....) and I can't remember a character getting this crazy this fast.

Has anyone else gotten a kid this OP?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's the combination of infinite leveling, grinding and high growth rates that really allows you to make broken characters. But yeah, I had a few of the children characters get that powerful on their first class set, and while steamrolling the main game is fun in and of itself, it bears mention that for some of the later DLCs that have yet to be released, you're going to have to have characters with mostly capped stats to survive.

EDIT: Oh right, you should play Radiant Dawn if you liked Path of Radiance. Just to throw that in there.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

No I can't say I've got him that powerful. In my current and first playthrough I got him, but I almost exclusively pair him up with my character's offspring Morgan and she almost always takes the lead in combat. So I'm levelling him quite slowly at the moment. I might grind him out and see what kind of stats I can get for him, though Lon Qu has been my main swordsman type for a long time.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

Owain isn't there yet, but Cynthia is a goddamn monster. If it weren't for her having the standard weaknesses of pegasus knights, she'd be unstoppable.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

My Donnell was more or less the same. With Aptitude giving him stat-growth on steroids, he quickly outstripped the rest of my army and became a crutch I used to solo half the map when things got too hairy.

Because I've been cycling the kids through their 4-6 non-promoted classes first, none of them have been able to shine thanks to the low stat caps. Cynthia still can be a bit impressive though thanks to Galeforce from her mom.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Turambar

Supposedly the paralogue stage that will finally net you Aversa has you fighting clones of your characters, so that should make things...interesting...for my maxed stat Morgan, Gerome, and Donnell. Breeding aptitude into as many people as possible has its uses.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Donnell was more or less the same. With Aptitude giving him stat-growth on steroids, he quickly outstripped the rest of my army and became a crutch I used to solo half the map when things got too hairy.

Because I've been cycling the kids through their 4-6 non-promoted classes first, none of them have been able to shine thanks to the low stat caps. Cynthia still can be a bit impressive though thanks to Galeforce from her mom.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Severa? She inherits Galeforce from Cordelia.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

@hailinel said:

@starvinggamer said:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Severa? She inherits Galeforce from Cordelia.

Nah, skill inheritence is based on whatever skills the parents have equipped when you enter the kid's map. For most of them I didn't care, but Sumia was my only Dark Flier at that point so I made damn sure to have Galeforce equipped when I started Paralogue 9.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel said:

@starvinggamer said:

Nah, skill inheritence is based on whatever skills the parents have equipped when you enter the kid's map. For most of them I didn't care, but Sumia was my only Dark Flier at that point so I made damn sure to have Galeforce equipped when I started Paralogue 9.

Ah. For me, Cordelia is a Dark Flier and Sumia is a Falcon Knight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.