Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

The original Fire Emblem is remade and released for territories outside Japan with enhanced graphics, updated gameplay, and Wi-Fi Connectivity.

My First Fire Emblem

• 63 results
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
    See? It's not so hard.
    See? It's not so hard.
    You know what they say: It's never too late to dive headfirst into a long-running, complex, and notoriously difficult strategy RPG series. Actually, I doubt anyone has ever said that, but nonetheless that's exactly what I'm attempting to do with Nintendo's Fire Emblem, the first DS installment of which is now on shelves. The game is called Shadow Dragon, and since it's a remake of the very first Fire Emblem game--which only released on the 8-bit Famicom in the early '90s and never made it outside of Japan--what better time and place to get started with the series?

Fire Emblem has always seemed a little daunting to me, because, well, all strategy RPGs demand a pretty intense level of tactical thinking and attention to detail. Lots of stats to keep up with, movement and attack ranges to pay attention to, and rock-paper-scissors balance elements to keep in mind as you move your units around and try to best the enemy's forces. Casual gaming this is not.

Fire Emblem takes it all one step further, getting you attached to your units by giving them names and various levels of characterization--then punishing you severely if any of them die. Because once they die, they don't come back. Period. That goes for the powerful units you've leveled up over the course of numerous missions, as well as the story-related characters whose contributions to the game's tale of warring kingdoms and political intrigue you'll simply miss out on once they're gone. As far as I can tell, everyone is fungible, short of the main character Prince Marth. (If he dies, it's game over.)

To my surprise, however, Shadow Dragon started off in a pleasingly approachable manner. When you plunge through the New Game option, you get to choose one of two difficulty levels, the lesser of which is specifically described as being intended for first-timers. (On the hard difficulty, enemies are up to five times stronger.) The normal difficulty also includes a tutorial that introduces you to the very basics of movement, attacks, and weapons balance. This tutorial avoids being totally dry and technical by doubling as a prologue that lays out the initial moments of betrayal and invasion that send Marth and his comrades fleeing from their castle and searching for allies. It's a nice way to introduce you to both the storyline and the core mechanics quickly.

Even after you've gotten the basics down--moving units square by square across the battlefield, knowing when to use which weapons against whom, that sort of thing--the game does a great job of contextually popping up further tutorial information on the DS' top screen when you need to know it. You'll get hints about topics like weapons durability, equipment trading, recruiting enemies to your side, and more throughout the first several missions. It's all presented in an easily understood way without feeling obtrusive.

The story is quite dramatic and well-written.
    Even the iconography is geared to remind you of important mechanical facts. For example, when you go to attack a foe, a little animation appears next to your menu reminding you that swords beat axes, axes beat lances, and lances beat swords. As another example, you can toggle a map overlay showing every enemy's current movement and attack range, letting you move your units to safety without making you count out squares on the grid. You can even suspend play at any time, creating a one-time save point in the middle of a mission where you can pick back up later. Using numerous little interface elements like these, Shadow Dragon makes the ins and outs of playing the game really easy on you, so you can focus all your energy on the strategy. Because that part is not really easy.

In fact, despite all these aids, I've definitely seen the hardcore side of Fire Emblem in what I've played so far. First of all, I suspect I'll have to give up this compulsion to finish every mission with all of my characters intact, because even only a few hours in, I've had to restart some missions several times when I carelessly let one of my favorite characters die (or inadvertently killed a named enemy unit I wanted to recruit). I'll never finish the game if I don't abandon my perfectionist tendencies. And though you can outfit and switch units around before a mission, if you want to purchase new weapons or trade items back and forth inside a mission, you've got to physically move the units to an armory or next to each other and expend a turn in order to do so. Ditto creating permanent mid-mission saves; you have to move a unit onto one of the scarce in-map save points, which are themselves single-use, and then use a turn to create a hard save you can reload repeatedly. "Tough but fair" seems like an apt phrase in talking about this game, in short.

At any rate, I've had a great time with the first few hours of Shadow Dragon. Due to my complete lack of prior experience with Fire Emblem, I can't tell you how well this game stacks up to its predecessors--but as a newcomer to the series, I can tell you it's not nearly as difficult to get into as you might think.
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
    See? It's not so hard.
    See? It's not so hard.
    You know what they say: It's never too late to dive headfirst into a long-running, complex, and notoriously difficult strategy RPG series. Actually, I doubt anyone has ever said that, but nonetheless that's exactly what I'm attempting to do with Nintendo's Fire Emblem, the first DS installment of which is now on shelves. The game is called Shadow Dragon, and since it's a remake of the very first Fire Emblem game--which only released on the 8-bit Famicom in the early '90s and never made it outside of Japan--what better time and place to get started with the series?

Fire Emblem has always seemed a little daunting to me, because, well, all strategy RPGs demand a pretty intense level of tactical thinking and attention to detail. Lots of stats to keep up with, movement and attack ranges to pay attention to, and rock-paper-scissors balance elements to keep in mind as you move your units around and try to best the enemy's forces. Casual gaming this is not.

Fire Emblem takes it all one step further, getting you attached to your units by giving them names and various levels of characterization--then punishing you severely if any of them die. Because once they die, they don't come back. Period. That goes for the powerful units you've leveled up over the course of numerous missions, as well as the story-related characters whose contributions to the game's tale of warring kingdoms and political intrigue you'll simply miss out on once they're gone. As far as I can tell, everyone is fungible, short of the main character Prince Marth. (If he dies, it's game over.)

To my surprise, however, Shadow Dragon started off in a pleasingly approachable manner. When you plunge through the New Game option, you get to choose one of two difficulty levels, the lesser of which is specifically described as being intended for first-timers. (On the hard difficulty, enemies are up to five times stronger.) The normal difficulty also includes a tutorial that introduces you to the very basics of movement, attacks, and weapons balance. This tutorial avoids being totally dry and technical by doubling as a prologue that lays out the initial moments of betrayal and invasion that send Marth and his comrades fleeing from their castle and searching for allies. It's a nice way to introduce you to both the storyline and the core mechanics quickly.

Even after you've gotten the basics down--moving units square by square across the battlefield, knowing when to use which weapons against whom, that sort of thing--the game does a great job of contextually popping up further tutorial information on the DS' top screen when you need to know it. You'll get hints about topics like weapons durability, equipment trading, recruiting enemies to your side, and more throughout the first several missions. It's all presented in an easily understood way without feeling obtrusive.

Even the iconography is geared to remind you of important mechanical facts. For example, when you go to attack a foe, a little animation appears next to your menu reminding you that swords beat axes, axes beat lances, and lances beat swords. As another example, you can toggle a map overlay showing every enemy's current movement and attack range, letting you move your units to safety without making you count out squares on the grid. You can even suspend play at any time, creating a one-time save point in the middle of a mission where you can pick back up later. Using numerous little interface elements like these, Shadow Dragon makes the ins and outs of playing the game really easy on you, so you can focus all your energy on the strategy. Because that part is not really easy.

In fact, despite all these aids, I've definitely seen the hardcore side of Fire Emblem in what I've played so far. First of all, I suspect I'll have to give up this compulsion to finish every mission with all of my characters intact, because even only a few hours in, I've had to restart some missions several times when I carelessly let one of my favorite characters die (or inadvertently killed a named enemy unit I wanted to recruit). I'll never finish the game if I don't abandon my perfectionist tendencies. And though you can outfit and switch units around before a mission, if you want to purchase new weapons or trade items back and forth inside a mission, you've got to physically move the units to an armory or next to each other and expend a turn in order to do so. Ditto creating permanent mid-mission saves; you have to move a unit onto one of the scarce in-map save points, which are themselves single-use, and then use a turn to create a hard save you can reload repeatedly. "Tough but fair" seems like an apt phrase in talking about this game, in short.

At any rate, I've had a great time with the first few hours of Shadow Dragon. Due to my complete lack of prior experience with Fire Emblem, I can't tell you how well this game stacks up to its predecessors--but as a newcomer to the series, I can tell you it's not nearly as difficult to get into as you might think.
    snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By snide

The Fire Emblem series has always been one of my favs. My only gripe with them is a lack of variety. I've essentially been playing the same game for 15 years or so.

Avatar image for themikelguereca
    TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

So the question is, should Brad play past Fire Emblems to see how it stacks up?

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kashif1

wow this is brads first, brad its a good game but try out the gameboy fire emblem games, then youll know the true meaning of character attachment,   

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

Yep, I've played so little of the rest of the Fire Emblem games that I can pretty much consider this my first as well, and so far, it's pretty good. My biggest gripe with it is that I can go through an entire map, only to lose a guy at the very end and feel like I have to reset and get it right. It seems like things could get really difficult later on if you're missing one of those key guys.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool

I only started with the 2 GBA games and seriously became addicted.  I got through both games without ever letting a character die - it wasn't easy.  I also loved the Gamecube version.

Why is it we gain an attachment to the characters?  I even get angry if one dies.  Continuing as opposed to shutdown and start again is just not an option.  I also feel compelled to share the stats around and use EVERY character, which just makes it even more difficult.  Along with Final Fantasy Tactics and the Advance Wars games, Fire Emblem is the most addictive series I have palyed in my 35 years of gaming.

Welcome to the strength Brad.  Enjoy your stay.
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Kohe321

Great writeup Brad! This made me want to play it...

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By snide

I love the fact that FE games let your characters die. I think, just like great movies and books (The Song of Fire and Ice series comes to mind) a good game needs to kill off main characters to make you feel attached to them.

Best recommendation I can give to people is to let characters die every once in awhile. It really ups the play experience.

Lilarcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Lilarcor

It's definitely a good intro to the series, because it's much easier than the others, not to mention more generous with the amount of units and money you get to work with. But it's not the best by a long shot. The support conversations are gone, which is really unfortunate because it really helps flesh out the characters. The class swap system is interesting though, I'd like to see them develop it further.

If you've got a taste for Fire Emblem after playing Shadow Dragon, I personally suggest picking up the first GBA game (Titled simply Fire Emblem in the US, even though it's technically the 7th game in the series. The Japanese subtitle is translated as Blazing Sword) or the Gamecube game Path of Radiance.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By seanbooker

You can go through it without losing anyone. I've done so for all the rest and am working through this one without a loss. Don't give up the perfectionist way Brad!

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zoozilla

i really liked the Fire Emblem games for the GBA.

And you did really get attached to the characters.

I mean, Will's my man.  The best archer in any video game, period.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#13  Edited By LordAndrew

On the forums it says this was posted a week ago. That's gotta be a glitch or something...

I bought the game, but haven't played it yet. I still have a Fire Emblem game that I haven't beaten, so I'll probably tackle Shadow Dragon after that.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wright

beat the gba ones, thought they were quite enjoyable(and hard, the first one at least.), so I'll probably get this soon.

Obiyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Obiyer

On the question of " It's never too late to dive headfirst into a long-running, complex, and notoriously difficult strategy RPG series", that's really insightful to a whole lot of levels. I don't see how anything could ever be too 'longrunning, complex, and notoriously difficult...". As long as the thing is relevant, e.g., old fire emblems games are playeable, then it's never too late. To say it is, is stating that being born in the mid-to-late 80's is too late to catch up on history, or to ever understand everything which has come before you. 

We learn most things by being injected into the middle of it, such going into a conversation (presented as an idea by a thinker, I forget his name) where you weren't there since the begininng but you can jump in, based on the dialogue you understand to be being said around you.

Getting started in any game type like that, especially MMO's, but there is of course the element of time and the mechanics of the game that would influence the familiarity of getting into the game myself. 

On this subject,  I really suggest some new gamers to Fire Emblem should try 'Genealogy of the Holy War', it was my favorite and probably the best made out of all of them. I haven't played this, or Radiant Dawn, as well as finished some of the older ones. 

Have fun! 
    PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerSerj
    @Snide: That's one of the reasons I really enjoy Valkyria Chronicles. Instead of just replaying missions when one of the characters died, I decided to just let it be. I find it adds a feeling of sombre to the rest of the experience which, if a game can pull that off, is probably one of the markings of a really good game.

On topic-ish: I would have picked this one up on day one had I not lost my DS : /
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really enjoyed the first Fire Emblem on gba. Which was the first game to bring FE to USA. To anyone wanting to get into the series that is also a great place to start. I lost interest on the 2nd gba game though. And no, there isn't really any continuous story between the games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Lyn in the "first" FE game (the gba one), was awesome. I beefed up her stats so much.

WhatistheAmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WhatistheAmero

The loan system lets you tink?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#21  Edited By ImperiousRix

My first Fire Emblem was actually the last Fire Emblem on GBA, The Sacred Stones.  I loved the game, despite its sometimes punishing difficulty and never-ending campaign.
    I'm looking forward to Shadow Dragon, with my only gripe being that the last game I played had a greater unit and upgrade variety, while this one is using a more archaic structure (from what I can glean).

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#22  Edited By Hailinel

TripMasterMunky:  Some games are linked by a continuous story.  Fire Emblem:  Radiant Dawn is a sequel to the story of Path of Radiance.  Also the first GBA Fire Emblem we received in the west is actually a prequel to the events of Fire Emblem:  Fuuin no Tsurugi, the previous game in the series and the first Fire Emblem on GBA.

To clarify matters:

Fire Emblem Gaiden is a sidestory to Fire Emblem/Monsho no Nazo/Shadow Dragon.

Fire Emblem:  Thracia 776 takes place during a time gap in Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu.

Fire Emblem (western title) is a prequel to Fire Emblem:  Fuuin no Tsurugi.

Fire Emblem:  The Sacred Stones is the only stand-alone game in the series.

Fire Emblem:  Radiant Dawn is set three years after the end of Fire Emblem:  Path of Radiance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose that is true, I forgot about the cliffhanger ending at the end of the first gba game that was never solved, due to it being a prequel lmao. The game still concluded itself though overall.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Al3xand3r

Eh, I found the Fire Emblem games to be some of the simplest (and most fun actually, just short of Shining Force 3) strategy RPG titles out there, not daunting in the least. Maybe you could even call them casual.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thordain

I highly recommend trying the first GBA Fire Emblem game and getting a feel for the series through that. I'm not much of a strategist but you get into some good tendencies by the end and luckily it is not punishingly hard.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Axersia

Brad, you should know that it's OK to let your characters die in this game. Having a small roster of characters unlocks gaiden chapters that will provide you with replacement characters.

So yes, if you're a perfectionist and decide there's no way you can let anyone die you'll miss out on a lot of content. In fact, if you wanna see it all you probably need to deliberately kill off most of your characters.

And I'll have to agree with Al3xand3r that the Fire Emblem series as a whole just hasn't been all that hard (but I've only played through about 2/3 of the GBA ones), and they're certainly a lot more fun than all those grindfest Tactics games. I've never felt any character attachment, though. If they're dead, they're dead -- on to the next mission. But then again, I'm all about the gameplay and not the narrative.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By daniel_beck_90

That was an interesting read .

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Red

Fire Emblem is by far my favorite Strategy series; I'm just hesitant to pick this one up because of the visual style. Just looks like a Days of Ruin wannabe. It also lacks some of the features of the later games (like the Support system, which I found remarkably addictive).

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Endogene

Do NOT let you only levelled up magic user die, i got to the final levels not noticing he died some missions ago and could not use one of the key items only high level mages could use to finish the game. Since i only had one save file i am kind of fucked.

IgnisPhaseOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By IgnisPhaseOne

So Brad, not going to lie: you can't 100% this Fire Emblem on one playthrough. For example, if you sacrifice people, and only have 4 characters at the end of the prologue, you get a new character. At the end of Chapter 6, if your total army is 15 or less people, then you go on a secret mission to recruit an amazing soldier.

Fire Emblem also seems like a portable-friendly game; open it, take a few turns, close it again. I definitely did that with my GBA and the built-in suspend mode the game made into the cart. And I'd play it whenever I could take a few turns, with some missions literally taking me days to complete because I didn't have time to dedicate to just finishing the damn thing.
    smokeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By smokeH

Im thinking of buying a DS and trying this out as well as some other games. 

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32  Edited By SunKing

I really dislike the idea of permadeath in these kinds of games. I had the same experience in FFT: tWotL where I would be climbing the walls to just keep everyone alive. It wasn't fun; it was stressful, and I hated it. It encourages a kind of perfectionist, conservative approach where you are too scared to take any risks because if you do, there's a very good chance you'll have to start again as one of your characters is now dead. It's just way too harsh.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By penguindust

This is on my Gamefly queue, so I am definitely looking forward to playing this game.  But, I am knee-deep in Dragon Quest V (and loving it!) and have Persona 3 FES up next on my "to-do" list, so it will probably be some time before I get to it.  This will be my 1st FE game, too.  I've played FF-Tactics on the GBA, so I am not completely unfamiliar with the idea of a tactical RPG, but that was a couple of years ago.  If after checking it out with Gamefly, if I like it, I'll pick it up and finish the game at my leisure.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Al3xand3r
    SunKing said:
    "I really dislike the idea of permadeath in these kinds of games. I had the same experience in FFT: tWotL where I would be climbing the walls to just keep everyone alive. It wasn't fun; it was stressful, and I hated it. It encourages a kind of perfectionist, conservative approach where you are too scared to take any risks because if you do, there's a very good chance you'll have to start again as one of your characters is now dead. It's just way too harsh.
    "
    Like someone said in the previous page, it's all psychological. Fire Emblem is more forgiving and you can meet new characters that join you if you have empty slots in your party due to deaths. Just play casually, only restart if you screw up really bad causing multiple deaths or whatever else seems like unacceptable losses for the mission.
    Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Johnny5

Good game for those new to the series. Compared to older games in the series though its a bit of a let down for long term fans.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#36  Edited By LordAndrew
    SunKing said:
    "I really dislike the idea of permadeath in these kinds of games. I had the same experience in FFT: tWotL where I would be climbing the walls to just keep everyone alive. It wasn't fun; it was stressful, and I hated it. It encourages a kind of perfectionist, conservative approach where you are too scared to take any risks because if you do, there's a very good chance you'll have to start again as one of your characters is now dead. It's just way too harsh."
    I think if you take a perfectionist or conservative approach, you're just going to get frustrated. So don't be afraid to take risks. You can usually replace that character with another later on.
    In The Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance, if a character died I usually just let them die unless it was one of the characters I absolutely couldn't part with. I'm currently Playing Fire Emblem (the second GBA one/the first in the the West) and not letting anyone die. And it's a lot more frustrating.
    I don't advise anyone to play that way unless they've already beaten the game several times and are looking for a real challenge.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By FireBurger

The Sims 3 homepage story is linking here. Just letting you know...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#38  Edited By ArbitraryWater

They throw so many middling and crap units at you in this game that you can let some of them die, its when good units die that I restart.
     Also, Brad doesn't mention the save squares on the map, which give you a permanent restart point so you don't have to play the entire mission over if someone vital dies.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MichaelBach

I am not a fan of japaneese games, but this one seems good. Can't wait to see the review. I really need a new TBS / RGP.

Metamorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Metamorphic

I'm clicking on the Sims 3 link and its sending me here...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#41  Edited By Hailinel

To anyone that says that the Fire Emblem games aren't that hard:

Play Radiant Dawn all the way through, and then get back to me.

headcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By headcase
    Whatever you do, don't play the Wii version before the Gamecube version. Those ones have got to played in order. (And you can play the GC version on a Wii with a GC controller, which is the best controller for the Wii version as well).
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Brad

@ArbitraryWater

Eh?

"Ditto creating permanent mid-mission saves; you have to move a unit onto one of the scarce in-map save points, which are themselves single-use, and then use a turn to create a hard save you can reload repeatedly."
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kiemoe

It's refreshing to see a video game website that enjoys both the mainstream and the JRPG's. You really don't see that very often. Thanks Brad.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Sunjammer

I played and loved Path of radiance. Then my then-girlfriend took a liking to the game and it became "hers", in the sense that i was really in it for the story, and i could get that from just watching her play. Then we broke up horribly and now the game is tainted by her memory. And the series. So i don't think i can play these again i'm afraid ;-(

But damn, good times. I really adore the permadeath system. What kind of bullshit concept is a resurrection potion or spell anyway. I'm sort of miffed that Nofrendo didn't update the series properly for the Wii. It's a first-party cursor-controlled Wii game that doesn't use the pointer; kinda weird. I assume this game uses the stylus properly throughout?

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#46  Edited By strangeling

I only have one Fire Emblem game (the Sacred Stones), but they seem to all be of the same high calibre.  I was very impressed with the complexity and characterisation in the story.  I recommend them, you just have to find the one most available to you to jump in with.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I've played both GBA Fire Emblems, the Gamecube one and the one on the Wii. They're amazing games, and you'd be hard pressed to find more of a challenge than the "very hard" mode in those games.

One of my favorite video game series. =]

TheBrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheBrain

My first Fire Emblem was on the Gamecube...I thought it was actually very easy to get into. This is coming from a person who gets confused by Civilization Revolution.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ThomasP

Thanks for the heads up Brad. I myself have never played the series and thought it might be pretty difficult to get into, but I'm happy to hear that it's approachable for us noobs.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Media_Master

I guess thats good, but I cannot stand to spend my free time managing "stats" and watch the same battle animations over and over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.