Community Game: Fireplace

#1 Posted by ManMadeGod (1575 posts) -

Has anyone played the game Fireplace? If not, go download it under the community games section of the marketplace. I was in a loss of words when I first played it. All it the game is is a video of a fireplace. That's it. And it costs 400 points.
Maybe this should have won GiantBomb's "game" of the year.

#2 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Not sure if they have it in the US, but there's a channel here (Canada), that's on around the holidays and shows a fireplace with Christmas music.  Occasionally, it'll show a guy move the logs. : \

The dev of this game is a smart guy, though.

#3 Posted by Player1 (3874 posts) -
ManMadeGod said:
"Has anyone played the game Fireplace? If not, go download it under the community games section of the marketplace. I was in a loss of words when I first played it. All it the game is is a video of a fireplace. That's it. And it costs 400 points.
Maybe this should have won GiantBomb's "game" of the year."
And you payed for it? LMAO, no offense, but what did you expect?
 Lets look at the bright side though. The sound of the 360 sounds like chestnuts roasting on an open fire. So its incredibly realistic!
#4 Posted by teh_destroyer (3569 posts) -

Maybe this meens in the future we get screen savers for our consoles.

#5 Posted by Rowr (5799 posts) -

:O

must be an american thing :\

#6 Posted by ManMadeGod (1575 posts) -
Player1 said:
"ManMadeGod said:
"Has anyone played the game Fireplace? If not, go download it under the community games section of the marketplace. I was in a loss of words when I first played it. All it the game is is a video of a fireplace. That's it. And it costs 400 points.
Maybe this should have won GiantBomb's "game" of the year."
And you payed for it? LMAO, no offense, but what did you expect?
 Lets look at the bright side though. The sound of the 360 sounds like chestnuts roasting on an open fire. So its incredibly realistic!"
I didn't pay for it, I only downloaded the trial.
There is no menu, no options, just a video of a fire. The trial prompts the user to "click A to purchase".
#7 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -

lol this was playing a toys r us haha i was so confused because the frame around it said "ANIMAL CROSSING!!"

haha it'd be funny if after 5 minutes of watching your purchased fireplace, MAWNSTURS COME OUT OF THE FIREPLACE AND IT BECOMES A THIRD PERSON SHUUTUR!!!!!
....still it was hilarious of me thinking that it was animal crossing XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.