Why do so many pot smokers play First Person Shooters?

#1 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

I'm not a 'User' so can someone explain to me why whenever i play counterstrike or MW2 or bfbc2, or pretty much any major FPS game online there are always stoned guys playing? 

i'm not judgemental against this, i'm just wondering if theres some kind of attraction to FPS gaming when you're high.

#2 Edited by toast_burner (453 posts) -

they appeal to that crowd more then any other genre no real reason for it

#3 Posted by Myrmidon (547 posts) -

Because they don't have a story, so they don't have to think. 

#4 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Because pot smoking is often a social activity, though a passive one, and sitting around with your friends and playing a first person shooter is as well. They are conducive to one another.

#5 Posted by DanceDanceKennypants (632 posts) -

It's not just FPS games, or even games themselves.

Anything that can be done that doesn't require too much brain processing or physical activity is convenient for a pot smoker. You don't see too many joggers or Chess Grandmasters with a fat blunt, do you?

I write as a former weed hound myself, with ten years of lung pickling experience.

#6 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

cuz blunt trauma bro

#7 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

I think there're just a huge amount of player base for those games, so you see more of them, and they're often the games that anyone could pick up and play socially, and people smoke pot when they're with friends. 

#8 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Didn't you know yet? We're all high, all the time. WOOHOO

#9 Posted by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -

Question: How do you know they are stoned?

#10 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@Tennmuerti: well usually they talk about being so. 'i'm SOOO high man' etc. and a lot of the time you can hear it in their voice.
#11 Posted by Noodles (539 posts) -

Because online shooters are for bad people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.