Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Flashback: The Quest for Identity

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jan 01, 1993

It's 2142 and the player is Conrad B. Hart, an agent for the Galaxia Bureau of Investigation. He must recover his lost memories to save Earth before it's too late.

Giant cartridge

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

During the livestream event (I think it was either xmas or thanksgiving) where the guys were playing on old consoles, Jeff tried playing several Genesis games from giant cartridge boards with no casing on them. Even though it didn't work, this was one of the games he tried to play (i.e. the only one I can explicitly remember). Anyway, these obviously weren't retail cartridges... what was the deal with them? And why would Jeff have them?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Why is this on the Flashback board? They were just the uncased ROMs for some of those games that he got from somebody. I think one of them was Japan only (was Ranma ever released in America?). Unfortunately, they don't work anymore, meaning he'll have to get with the times and torrent Obscure Ranma Game for the Super Famicom, like everybody else :P.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I only attached it to Flashback because that was one of the games I could remember him trying. 

Picture here anyway. 

Uncased ROMs? Can you explain? Sorry to sound dense but I've never seen these before. 

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

And now thanks to this week's Bombcast I finally know what it was!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.