Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 22, 2007

Take destruction to a new level of bone breaking carnage!

Why Flatout Is Awesome

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I played it lots on 360.  I feel done with the game now.  I just wish the physics had been less floaty, a bit more like the original Flatout on PC.

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
    vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vibratingdonkey

I love how dynamic the races are. You feel like anything can happen, and sometimes it does. Why I much prefer this to Burnout. Burnout's all static, rigid and boring. I was driving on a highway at a casual 230km/h and there was this ridiculous accident with cars flipping through the air and I just went past underneath the whole thing. It was like Bad Boys II. Shit just got real.

I can't commend the AI enough. It's crazy. Like literally. Pushed one off the track and into a caravan or some such. As I was resetting my car on the track and driving off, the AI car said "fuck winning the race", turned around, put the pedal to the metal through a bunch of plastic chairs and went straight for me. But he misjudged my acceleration, realized this, pulled the handbrake and did a 180, nearly clipping the rear of my car.

During destruction derbies, as it eventually boils down to 1 vs 1 and you're on the guy's tail, it's great fun watching the guy trying to outrun and evade you. I swear, sometimes the AI in this game almost comes off as human.

The cheating rubberband AI sucks though.  The unpredictable physics get to you too. This one car (Bullet I think) can't decide whether it wants to understeer or oversteer and thus does both intermittingly . The game is fantastic for goofing off, but playing for serious can get frustrating. The rubberband AI is great for making you grow a grudge against certain AI vehicles though. And in a way I guess that changes up the gameplay as it becomes more about taking someone out than just winning the race. Jack Benton is my sworn enemy. Get bent!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.