Microsoft Flight Simulator Coming Back Soon (Mostly) Free

• 56 results
#51 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

Apparently, I was just invited to the Beta.

Downloading and installing as I type this, let's see what Microsoft has to offer.

#52 Posted by Qwinn (29 posts) -

Kid you not, the day before this was announced I finally decided to purchase Flight Simulator X. Microsoft got my $30 and I find out the next day a better and free version is coming out in a few months time. Ugh. What a difference a day makes. : (

#53 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

I was wondering when a flight sim would latch onto this idea. I mean, it's worked pretty well for trains. Now here's hoping that Microsoft can cultivate a community that will actually create content for this, and not alienate it by taking an unfair cut of the profits. I'm talking about those people and companies that do make money out of making very detailed models and landscapes and scenarios. And hopefully they won't do anything to stop any of the zanier things from showing up, too. As incredible as it is to have a fully modeled P-51, there's something very awesome in seeing a Star Destroyer hovering over San Francisco while you fly around in the dropship from Aliens.

#54 Posted by emergency (1190 posts) -

I actually just got into the closed beta for this, so I'll have to take a look at it and see how it fairs.

#55 Posted by subyman (669 posts) -

Can't wait to try it. I played the other sims when I was a kid, but nothing has been interesting in years. I have my joystick ready.

#56 Posted by ruairi_burns (3 posts) -

kind of excited for this... strangely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.