Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FLOCK!

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 07, 2009

What the Flock...?! Farmers beware! Sheep-stealing UFO's are reported in the area of this funny (almost cute) looking game.

What do you think of this, based on the demo?

coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By coffeesash

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh but I think it's a lot like Sheep (which I picked up on the PC for under a dollar last year) but with the controls made even more unwieldy and frustrating by using a wibbly wobbly UFO with a beam under it. Also, the sheep seem to get caught in the scenery a lot. I found it nothing but frustrating, the exact opposite of what I thought it'd be from the funny, cuddly looking screenshots.

delicious_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By delicious_lie

yeah i am having a big struggle with this. I played the steam demo the other week and felt basically the same thing.
    i think if i hadn't played and loved Sheep, then i would be way into this. As is, i DID play and love sheep, and even though sheep is hella old now, it still is a much easier and less unweildy ride.
    it's a shame, because i really love the art style, and the mechanics are genuinely quite clever. if the controls worked better then i would definitely pick this one up.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

I hated it, plain and simple. This game was designed in a way that requires the player to closely monitor the animals under your control, but its just awkward and frustrating and I felt very joy when playing the game. I felt that whenever an animal strayed away and fell to its death it was because of the mechanics of the game at fault and not my own irresponsibility.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Heartagram

Really hard and annoying

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By REDRUN

It hasn't grown on me yet. a bit frustrating, not worth the 1200 MSP price point

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daz0608

I was interested in this game, i haven't had time to play the demo yet, but 1200 msp might just put me off buying it

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    The demo was just damn annoying.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By fox01313

Tried it out on the xbox360 & really liking the look/feel of the game. There are some tricky spots where the sheep seemed to go into a corner & not get out quickly enough but aside from that it's fun but sometimes tricky. Luckily the levels aren't that long (on the demo) in time to get through them.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I absolutely love the look and personality of the game, but herding sheep is annoying as fuck, holy shit. I would pick it up during a Steam deal if it's down to $5 or something.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

Looked really nice, but as everyone else said, the herding gameplay is super not fun.

runk3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By runk3n

The looks of the game is sweet. Really like the cute cartoon styled graphics. But the gameplay is horrible..

plumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By plumeria

I was really excited before this game hit the reviews and general gaming community. I finally tried the demo today and after playing just four levels I was frustrated enough with the controls to quit the game. I'm likely to not buy the game - unless they make an update enabling "easier" controls. It looks awesome.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By noremnants

I wouldn't say the gameplay is horrible it just has a very steep learning curve. The art style is fantastic though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.