Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Food Fight

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released 1987

Food Fight is an action arcade game, originally released in 1983. You play as Charley Chuck, a small boy trying to eat an ice cream before it melts, whilst a number of angry chefs try to stop you.

Disconcerting Textual Similarities

kickahaota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kickahaota

The esteemed Jeff pointed out http://www.atariprotos.com/7800/software/foodfight/foodfight.htm while we were discussing OoppsMissedGate. I couldn't help but noticing something else about that site; the text of the Food Fight article there appears to be pretty much exactly the same as the Giant Bomb article. (It would be even closer if it weren't for the edit I made in response to the Oopps Missed issue.) 

Is there any way of telling which of these two articles came first? If the Giant Bomb article is a copy of the AtartProtos article, did the authors of that site give permission? 

If the Giant Bomb article is the copy, I could write up a replacement article. I promise not to dwell on the Oopps Missed controversy. :)
    Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By countinhallways

The title of this thread brings to mind the name of pretty much every modern death metal album.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

It's entirely possible the GB page is a copy paste job. Wouldn't be the first time... Try PMing a mod, I think they can check the edit history and maybe figure it the chronology.

kickahaota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kickahaota
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    "It's entirely possible the GB page is a copy paste job. Wouldn't be the first time... Try PMing a mod, I think they can check the edit history and maybe figure it the chronology."

"Disconcerting Textual Similarities" would be a good name for an emo poetry circle. 

Thanks; I'll try PMing.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By ZombiePie
    kickahaota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kickahaota
    @ZombiePie said:
    "I'm on it. Next time when you find a wiki page you suspect to be plagiarized from another source please just use the PM Mods button on the Giant Bomb FAQ. "

Thanks so much! Sorry for using the wrong procedure.
    kickahaota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kickahaota

Just for the record, the article unfortunately did indeed to turn out to be inappropriately sourced. It was blanked by the mods, and I wrote up a quick replacement article. The text may not be the best, but I can personally guarantee that this awful text is exclusive to Giant Bomb. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.