Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Football Manager 2012

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 20, 2011

The latest installment of Sport Interactive's long-running football management franchise.

So is there any real reason this has been played by so few?

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By forkboy

I just noticed that compared to FM10 FM12 has had about 1/10th of the number of people on Giantbomb who have played it. 339 compared to over 3,300. Isn't that a little odd? Is there any reason why epople who played 10 aren't into this latest one? Personally I usually buy once every 2 years, & so never had FM11, but that can't be the case here.

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dabe

I do, in my experience, find that most people don't purchase the game every year. I personally have come in and out of the series (ever since Champ Man 2 in 94/95). Played the shit out of 09 & just recently bought FM12 for some 4-way multiplayer as Arsenal though.

My guess, everybody who previously played FM has been sucked into a vortex of micro-management, not being able to frequent or log into Giant Bomb anymore.

Also, FIFA is getting out of hand.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By gatehouse

@dabe said:

I do, in my experience, find that most people don't purchase the game every year. I personally have come in and out of the series (ever since Champ Man 2 in 94/95). Played the shit out of 09 & just recently bought FM12 for some 4-way multiplayer as Arsenal though.

My guess, everybody who previously played FM has been sucked into a vortex of micro-management, not being able to frequent or log into Giant Bomb anymore.

Also, FIFA is getting out of hand.

Same here, I played a whole bunch of 09 at uni and now got 2012 and put way too many hours in financially ruining clubs.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

....because soccer.

I mean, while it is the most popular sport in the WORLD, Americans typically don't care unless it says "Madden". That's a sad thing, given that I think most soccer players are way more what I would call "athletes" than American football players are.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Pessh

Hated the new interface so skipped it

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zombie2011

Fifa has a manager mode in it now, while not as deep as FM, it probably drew a lot of people away from the franchise.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Azteck

Because fuck sports basically.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.