No recent wiki edits to this page.
Fortix 2 is a sequel to the original Fortix released in 2010 by developer Nemesys Games.
Both games use core mechanics from the 1981 arcade game Qix as their foundation. Instead of a pixelated diamond as your avatar, this time you navigate the stationary playing field as a 2D sprite named Sir Fortix.
Sir Fortix begins every level on the edge the screen and every time he moves a line is drawn in his wake. Once he moves in a complete rectangle that area of the game screen becomes fenced off (conquered).
You complete each level by capturing specific objectives on the playing field while dodging flying dragons, turrets and other obstacles which are introduced gradually. Your nemesis throughout the game is the evil mage Xitrof -- also from the original 2010 game Fortix.
There are currently 30 levels in the game, each with four difficulty settings (easy, normal, hard and impossible). According to the developers there will be monthly updates as well as DLC.
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP SP3 / Vista / 7
- Processor: 1.5Ghz or faster
- Memory: 512Mb
- Hard Disk Space: 300Mb
- Video Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible video card with minimum 128Mb memory with Pixel Shader 2.0 and Vertex Shader 2.0 support
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible sound card
Mac System Requirements
- OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
- Processor: Intel Core Duo
- Memory: 512 MB
- Graphics: 128 MB
- Hard Drive: 400 MB