Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

Does this still exist?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

It feels like this game hasn't been brought up in quite some time. Epic seems to be making major changes. Has this been pushed to next gen or potentially canceled?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It hasn't been that long since it's been brought up. Also, I'm assuming they always intended to put this on PS4/Durango, but those consoles didn't officially exist when they announced the game.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@barrock: It better still exist because it sounded pretty interesting to me, like something that might actually be a breath of fresh air rather than another FPS. What changes are happening other than Cliff leaving? And I don't think you should count the game out unless it is a no show at E3.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Barrock

@barrock: It better still exist because it sounded pretty interesting to me, like something that might actually be a breath of fresh air rather than another FPS. What changes are happening other than Cliff leaving? And I don't think you should count the game out unless it is a no show at E3.

People have been speculating that they are going to stop making games and just license out their engine.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

A Chinese company bought a 30% share of the company last year. Since then Cliff and Mike Caps left and Imposible Studios closed just nine months after opening. They also closed Titan Studios in 2011.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By reckless_x

I'd definitely want to try it out, but wouldn't be surprised if Epic dropped all its games to exclusively license their engine out to other companies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.