Anybody pick this up?

#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I really enjoyed the quick look, seems like this could be a bunch of fun with the right people.

#2 Posted by Dogma (989 posts) -

I will buy this when it comes out in Europe early next year!

#3 Posted by Winternet (8059 posts) -

Don't own a Wii, unfortunately

#4 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

GB Community Fortune Street nights?

#5 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

Absolutely. Looks fun if you have friends or family yo share it with.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@ImHungry Is it online?
#7 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

@Hizang: Sure is!

#8 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

I attempted to pick this up, but apparently EB Games removes every new Wii game from its packaging, stores the disc and the box in different locations, then can't find the case when you try to buy it. They offered me a 10% discount and I offered them the opportunity to go fuck themselves.

#9 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

I would but it's getting people together to play for hours that will be the problem, so ultimately probably not.

#10 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

Is there online for this game?

EDIT: Oh it is!, great!

#11 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@ImHungry: @Dany: That seems like a risky thing though, it is cool that a Nintendo game has online, but I can see you getting 2 hours into a game and a guy just drops.

2 HOURS WASTED!

Oh and hey the name is different in the UK, sadly its not out till next year, so a 2012 GOTY contender...

#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@ImHungry: @Dany: That seems like a risky thing though, it is cool that a Nintendo game has online, but I can see you getting 2 hours into a game and a guy just drops.

2 HOURS WASTED!

Oh that would be the worst!

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Dany: It might not even be on purpose, I can see a game like this going on for 4+ hours, that is a long long time.

#14 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Dany: It might not even be on purpose, I can see a game like this going on for 4+ hours, that is a long long time.

That plus someone whose losing might quit the game and ruin it for everyone. Hopefully the game can handle people force quitting. Also, Boom Street? huh, thats weird.

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11415 posts) -

It is on my list of things to buy when I have a lot of money.

#16 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I bought a copy as a Christmas gift for a friend of mine.

#17 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

Hadn't thought about that. Well eternal shame and the 21 curses of Luchadeer on rage quitters is probably the only thing we can do to curb the problem I guess.

Now that you mention it though, 4 hours is a long, long time.

#18 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

@Hizang: I suspect the Giant Bomb community is responsible for the game currently being Low availability on GameFly.

#19 Posted by Nux (2428 posts) -

I might if I get enough people to play with.

#20 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Dont have a Wii and i'm not sure any of my friends who do would like the game.

Hopefully they prove me wrong because that TNT made the game look like a fun time.

#21 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

This looks like a fun Christmas game, shame it's not out here till next year.

#22 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1205 posts) -

Stocks are up!

#23 Edited by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Seemed neat, already played a version of it once in Birth by Sleep. Takes too damn long to play though and I doubt I could get enough people to play it with to make it worthwhile.

Edit: I read the comment above.

#24 Posted by Robin_Gr (135 posts) -

I was really considering getting it for the family to play instead of monopoly at Christmas after watching TNT. Shame its not out over here. Seems like Nintendo of Europe missed a trick not having it ready to go for the holidays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.