Giantbomb Fortune Street League

#1 Posted by jennoa (89 posts) -

Did anyone else have the desire to start a league for this game after watching the four hour TNT? I honestly feel like this would be a lot of fun.

#2 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

How could you do a league? If it had 8 players, it'd be something like twelve hours long! Do another level and we're nearly at the 24 hour league!

#3 Posted by fazzle (301 posts) -

Heck if anything I think it'd have to be 16 players. Four 4 player games, and then the 4 winners face off.

#4 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

This is why I frequent Giant Bomb.

#5 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

@fazzle said:

Heck if anything I think it'd have to be 16 players. Four 4 player games, and then the 4 winners face off.

Sounds like the Scrub League of my dreams.

#6 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I'd do it

#7 Posted by BisonHero (6235 posts) -

Wait, does the game have online?

I have been assuming that, like every Mario Party in existence, it was local-only multiplayer.

#8 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

Wait, does the game have online?

I have been assuming that, like every Mario Party in existence, it was local-only multiplayer.

Where is the fun in that? We all got to rent out a place and all meet up with our T.V's and Wii's there.

#9 Posted by BisonHero (6235 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear: E'erybody gonna get shanked.

#10 Posted by SmiteOfHand (83 posts) -

If someone can confirm it is possible to get through a game in under 4 hours, which I totally believe is possible, I'll give a super confident... maybe.

#11 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

How could you do a league? If it had 8 players, it'd be something like twelve hours long! Do another level and we're nearly at the 24 hour league!

Yes, it would be glorious.

#12 Posted by jennoa (89 posts) -

@BisonHero: So it does actually have online play.

#13 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

@SmiteOfHand said:

If someone can confirm it is possible to get through a game in under 4 hours, which I totally believe is possible, I'll give a super confident... maybe.

Jeff, Vinny, Patrick, and Ryan got one done in 3 hours and 20 minutes, which I'm sure you know about. Time just flew by! It felt like 20 minutes!

#14 Posted by SmiteOfHand (83 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear:

Yes. Yessss.

Let me state that another way. If someone can confirm that 30 - 60 min games are more of the norm for... how should we say.. competent players. 3-4+ dedicated hours online is pretty intense. I say I think this is possible as even a game of Starcraft can drag on for hours if people don't know what they are doing, (everyone turtles, cyclical strategies, etc...)

#15 Posted by Chris_Woods (42 posts) -

I picked this up off Amazon over the weekend after watching the QL because it looks like a fun stupid wednesday night drinking game. I'd be totally down for some online play as well, but I think we'd need some voice communication -- don't know a lot about the Wii online, does it have a headset?

Anyhow, I'm in if there is some way I can laugh at/yell at other people playing.

#16 Posted by SmiteOfHand (83 posts) -

Feh, took the chance and picked it up. I'll post an impressions thread as it is a bit long and off topic, but in short I was able to get through a game in under an hour.

#17 Edited by durden77 (302 posts) -

Just picked it up. I really dig a good board game. Mario Party's fun, but it's just a big ball of random bullshit, so I'm excited to try somethin out that's got more to it.

I'll post my FC in this topic and the community thread once I get it.

EDIT: FC 5028-8107-9872.

#18 Edited by WalkerD (461 posts) -

I might get in on this depending on my schedule. Will pick up the game later tonight.

#19 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3802 posts) -

Is it weird that its the first game in a while that kinda makes me wanna get a Wii? Also this thread is making that desire STRONGER

#20 Posted by championfetus (245 posts) -

I'm down if I can get the game soon. Need to get Christmas presents for everyone and see what finances are left...

#21 Posted by jennoa (89 posts) -

I am planing on picking it up when I'm back home for the holidays. I'd definitely be up for some matches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.