Anyone interested in this?

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Fortune Summoners, the next Carpe Fulgur game (guys who published Recettear) and 2D side-scroller RPG. It got released today for $15 on Steam and there's also a demo available.

I haven't gotten around to play the demo yet but, from what I had seen before, it looks interesting. Since there seems to be absolutely nothing about it on this site aside from the wiki, I'm wondering if I'm the only one interested in this.

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Hm, guess not. Anyways, at least it doesn't seem that this game's being completely ignored because it's currently #1 on Steam's "Top Sellers" list.

#3 Posted by MikeLemmer (546 posts) -

I bought it, always interested in Carpe Fulgur, but man, the controls are turning me off within 2 hours of playing the game. I'll see if they improve at all (or I get used to them) as I play.

#4 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

I'm highly interested. I'll probably buy it. Too bad about the controls - oh, well, I'll have to see for myself.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Damn, I can't manage to find the demo of it on Steam. Thought that it was just a minor problem to be fixed yesterday, but it still seems to not be there.

#6 Edited by RLLink (367 posts) -

Actually a pretty fun game once you get used to the controls. Although I'm pretty terrible with the magic users, and soloing in a new dungeon is really brutal.

#7 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Too loli for me.

#8 Edited by Von (328 posts) -

I bought it and liked it... except for one thing. There seems to be a LOT of backtracking (atleast in the beginning). If I have to go to the same damn cave for the fourth time, I'm going to kill someone. Otherwise I find the controls to be ok, and the fighting monstesr part really fun.

#9 Posted by bobo6463 (20 posts) -
#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Is this a hentai game?

#11 Posted by jon_e (29 posts) -

Not that I've seen so far. As others have said the controls are rough, but it has been a pretty fun game so far. It can be tough though, and the backtracking is tied to story points.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Is this a hentai game?

I don't think those would be allowed on Steam.

#13 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Based on the title? No.

But seriously folks. No, I'm not interested.

#14 Posted by Rehtayne (127 posts) -

Looks really repetitive, so I think I'll pass for now. Good to see Carpe Fulgur get another translated game out there though.

#15 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2491 posts) -

Man, Carpe Fulgar are probably one of my fav. localization teams.

The way they translate stuff and make it come across so naturally, is pretty awesome.

To give some props to the developers, the character animation in this game looks mighty fine.

I might pick it up, or I might wait for the next big steam sale... I mean, I've already got so many games from the winter steam sale that I still haven't played.

Edit: Decided to buy it anyway, lol. I figure another $15 to carpe fulgar is never a bad thing, definitely like to support their endeavors

#16 Posted by Sn1PeR (141 posts) -

Anyone else get a real Super Smash Brothers Pika-Thunder vibe from that youtube video?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.