#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19383 posts) -
#2 Posted by helvetica (133 posts) -

Exciting! I love the Ace Attorney series.

#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19383 posts) -

Full title is apparently: Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (Grand Turnabout Trial - The Adventures of Naruhodou Ryuunosuke) according to the Court-Records Twitter account.

Seems like we're going to be seeing the main cast's ancestors.

#4 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Finally, the Ace Attorney project we've been waiting for.

#5 Posted by DonChipotle (2839 posts) -

Oh my god I hope he uses that sword in trials.

#6 Posted by L33T_HAXOR (356 posts) -

If they keep making them, I'll keep buying them

#7 Posted by Generic_username (634 posts) -

I hope it comes out in the states.

#8 Posted by afabs515 (1319 posts) -

Oh. My. God. Whatever, I'll buy it, even if I'm a bit skeptical. AA5 was enough to earn my trust.

#9 Edited by Vessel28 (138 posts) -

What are the chances of this coming west and is there any possibility of a ace attorney trilogy coming west to anything but IOS/phones?

#10 Posted by Veektarius (5012 posts) -

Did they have a fair judicial system in that era?

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19383 posts) -

@vessel28 said:

What are the chances of this coming west and is there any possibility of a ace attorney trilogy coming west to anything but IOS/phones?

You mean the recently released Ace Attorney 123: Wright Selection for the 3DS? The Japanese version has an English text option, but who knows if they're going to bring it over. Same for this game. The series is on thin ice right now when it comes to localization, so everything is uncertain.

#12 Posted by Vessel28 (138 posts) -

@fluxwavez: Yeah, it's been a long time since I play the original trilogy and would love to play through them again. I guess I will probably just get the DS physical copies.

#13 Posted by DonutFever (3536 posts) -

WHAT.

This sounds crazy, but I'm so picking this up if it comes to NA. Hopefully it doesn't get Yakuza Kenzan'd.

#14 Posted by Superkenon (1506 posts) -

i don't know what this is but I want whatever this is

#15 Posted by cloudymusic (1230 posts) -

If they localize it, I'll gladly pay for it. The change in setting sounds fairly interesting.

#16 Posted by Hungry (166 posts) -

I have no idea how they are going to localize this one, all things considered.

Are we going to have people in Japan named Samm Eurai?

#17 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12102 posts) -

Yep. Totally on board. (This is never going to come out in the west, is it?)

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@hungry said:

I have no idea how they are going to localize this one, all things considered.

Are we going to have people in Japan named Samm Eurai?

Only if the Gal Friday character is named May G.

#19 Posted by WMoyer83 (645 posts) -

I don't just want this, I need this.

#20 Posted by L33T_HAXOR (356 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

You mean the recently released Ace Attorney 123: Wright Selection for the 3DS? The Japanese version has an English text option, but who knows if they're going to bring it over. Same for this game. The series is on thin ice right now when it comes to localization, so everything is uncertain.

Out of curiosity, did you play this? I got the impression it was based on the lousy iOS ports. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19383 posts) -

Out of curiosity, did you play this? I got the impression it was based on the lousy iOS ports. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

I did not. They were very lousy ports and I think the remade sprites for 123 are the same as the iOS port, but I think some of the animations were ameliorated. Probably still an overall inferior version compared to the original DS games.

#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Probably still an overall inferior version compared to the original DS games.

You mean original GBA games, right? Or is there something I'm getting wrong?

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19383 posts) -

- It seems that the character's goal is to become a lawyer, so he isn't one initially.

[Unconfirmed] The new female assistant's name appears to be Mikotoba Susato (御琴羽寿沙都), a judical assistant

Can't read all in the scan, but Ryuunosuke is introduced as Nick's "forefather" (their quotes).

Ryuunosuke is described as having a burning sense of justice and being danger-prone. Just like Nick. Things don't change after a century.

From Court-Records

#24 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19383 posts) -

The traditional assistant:

Mikotoba Susato. Judicial assistant, loves foreign mystery novels and a forward-thinking dreamer.

#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Mikotoba Susato. Judicial assistant, loves foreign mystery novels and a forward-thinking dreamer.

Still holding out hope that she's called May G.