Blizzard games down, result of DDoS attack

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By n00bs7ay3r

Having trouble logging into battle.net? About to win a match of competitive Overwatch only to be disconnected from the server? Well it seems that Blizzard are experiencing some issues from a DDoS attack that is affecting their service.

This really sucks for those of us who are trying to earn ourselves some of those time-limited summer loot boxes.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2 BisonHero  Online

Are you implying that Blizzard North is behind this attack? They're out for revenge, all these years later!

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you implying that Blizzard North is behind this attack? They're out for revenge, all these years later!

lol. Didn't mean to post it there.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do find it a little funny that those little pricks who got banned actually did find someone willing to do this (not that it takes much skill), but it does suck that their self-entitlement leads to punishing honest players. I don't know in what world anyone would be sympathetic to them when they do stuff like this.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I don't get it either.

For those who are wondering, it seems as if the whole thing may have been perpetrated by some people who were recently banned from Overwatch. I am not sure if that has been confirmed or not though.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we can be pretty sure banned people have something to do with it.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I blame Dan.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pieces of shit being pieces of shit as per usual

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People cheat, ruining the experience for others

People attack Blizzard servers, ruining the experience for others

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue does not seem to be limited to blizzard, steam is down as well

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brotherbran: steam is not down, just restart it, it happens on Tuesdays when they do maintenance on their servers I think.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum: yea this was not that, i got booted out of a dota game and couldn't re-connect to the launcher until just now. but yea its back up already

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Someone posted this on the battle.net forums, a screenshot of some cheater forum I guess. It's... pretty depressing really.

http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drzing: That's a completely logic free zone. I'm hoping it's mainly a lot of kids who don't quite get how things work yet, because I'd hate to run into any adults who are that dense.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirado: The more this crap happens the more I'm convinced its adults who never aged out of temper tantrums.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cageysquid: I just hope to hell some company hasn't picked these people up and considers them to be productive members of their workforce, because I wouldn't trust someone who thinks they should sue Blizzard after being banned to flip my fucking burgers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blizzard's doing a pretty good job keeping Overwatch hacker/cheater free it seems. Wish I was interested in it lol. A lot of the people getting banned and complaining are mainly mad because they don't understand blizzards no cheating policy lol. It's right there in the TOS you sign / acknowledge when you install the game (I think, i can't remember exactly where it is, but it hits you right up front) and believe they are allowed to do whatever they want with the games code "Since they bought it" or spent X amount on loot boxes, that didn't save the hearthstone bots from getting shut down either lol. It's like trying to rationalize using a stolen credit card at your favorite store and then trying to convince the cops that arrested you that despite the money / card being stolen your intent was pure and should be overlooked because your already a regular customer and have purchased merchandise in the past. WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT lol? ...i'm just going to leave now lol.

Now can we please shut down the Diablo 3 spam bots lol? They are literally the only thing talking in the general chat now lol. Also don't get in the way of the next Diablo 3 season you Ddos jerks lol!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drzing said:

Someone posted this on the battle.net forums, a screenshot of some cheater forum I guess. It's... pretty depressing really.

Just....wow . Seriously like do these people not read the EULA or ToS for the games they "cheating" on.

No Caption Provided

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemed like very strange disconnects. The ping was alright and the games ran perfectly but people where just suddenly and randomly getting booted from the games and then they could instantly reconnect again.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OurSin_360
@drzing said:

lol, that can't be real can it? "It's like adding a color!" whaaa?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@drzing said:

lol, that can't be real can it? "It's like adding a color!" whaaa?

Man, you would be surprised (or maybe not) at the logical leaps and bounds that cheaters take to get to a mental position where what they do is alright. It's pretty fascinating from a psychological perspective.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

LMAO at these:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points