Amy Hennig Is Headed to Visceral Games

• 125 results
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Maybe we'll finally get a modern Star Wars game with some worthwhile CHARACTERS out of all this!

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By flindip

@thevgamer said:

Visceral's Star Wars game must be too far in production to be influenced by something like this, right? If she's going to work on something, it might just be a different game in a pre-production stage.

Eh, I think battlefront is the only Star Wars game that seems to be well into its development. I think the Visceral game was still in its conception phase. I think they were trying to develop game mechanics. I don't think much had been established in terms of story.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Boiglenoight

I'd like to see Giant Bomb have Amy Henning on the Giant Bombcast. :)

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

All of a sudden Visceral Games is no longer a peripheral developer.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I certainly wish her the best of luck and can't wait to see what she works on next.

hunterleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By wadtomaton

Fuck yeah!

goggilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster said:

@jarowdowsky said:

Han Solo: Cool Bastard here we come :)

Please no. No Han Solo, no Boba Fett, no chewbacca or Darth Vader or Millenium Falcon or anything of that nature. They have an entire universe to draw from, and if they rest on their laurels and fall back on the original trilogy in anything other than aesthetics or feel, they've done it wrong. Even then, there's so much more to Star Wars that could be explored without trying to harken back to emotional ties to old movies.

I'm with you on this one. The possibilities are endless, and falling back on oldies but goldies would kind of ruin it again. I do have belief in Hennig though, so I don't think that's where they are heading with this.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'd like to see Giant Bomb have Amy Henning on the Giant Bombcast. :)

Or at least on Bombin' The Am!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

oh my fucking god you guys

It might happen.

Someone could make an awesome Star Wars game again.

@hailinel said:

@darji: Don't be so sure about that. She's a writer, not a game designer. Plenty of other factors could fuck this game even if Amy does her job well.

That's wrong.

She is a game director, which in her career has meant equal parts director, designer, writer and planner, and if she's on the game it's more than likely she's driving the vision.

Either way you're right, plenty of other factors could fuck it up, but Amy doesn't just write scripts.

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By gaggle64

This seems like good news all around.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope EA gives her the freedom she needs! Amy Hennig working on a Star Wars game is extremely exciting.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Ok this could be awesome.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this story sure turned out okay.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hhhhhmmmmm... nice , I would prefer an new IP but given the circumstances this is great as well.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@geraltitude: If she's coming on board after development already started, it's doubtful she's running it. She might have a prominent supporting role, but unless there were some big shifts in the dev structure after she joined, she is not behind the wheel.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Darji

@hailinel said:

@geraltitude: If she's coming on board after development already started, it's doubtful she's running it. She might have a prominent supporting role, but unless there were some big shifts in the dev structure after she joined, she is not behind the wheel.

She is creative Director. She will have to say a lot about this. What Visceral needed was such a person.

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante's Inferno 2: Dante's Purgatory, I'm waiting for you!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Nah I disagree, if you're Amy you don't leave Naught Dog twiddle your thumbs. Probably Visceral needed a director to come in and pull it together, reorient the ship as it were, hence her jumping on board - plus from what I understand they are very early still... Timing makes sense considering 2015 is year 1 for most of this Star Wars stuff, and her role in the press release is Creative Director.

Sure some things have already been decided along the lines of "it's a third person Star Wars action adventure game" and maybe even the time it happens but you don't hire one of the most famous and accomplished Creative Directors in videogames to not creatively direct your game.

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is good this is good this is good this is good this is good this is good this is good this is good this is good this is good

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Robopengy

So someone IS making 1313!

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, how does the Iron Sheik feel about all this?

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JimmySmiths

I had my doubts on EA taking star wars, but who gives a shit, this is fantastic.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@geraltitude: But how long has the game Breen in development? 2015 is next year, after all. Was the game such a clusterfuck up to this point that they needed a new creative director? Did the project just not have one until now?

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By thatdutchguy

Drake in space !

Sykdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Sykdom

I'm now not excited at all, can't stand any of the uncharted games but I have a few friends who work for visceral. Hopefully she doesnt rub off on them.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@geraltitude: But how long has the game Breen in development? 2015 is next year, after all. Was the game such a clusterfuck up to this point that they needed a new creative director? Did the project just not have one until now?

There's so much we don't know about this to be fair.. I don't think it needs to be a clusterfuck though.

EA only got the Star Wars license in May of 2013. So it hasn't even been one year of development if we assume they started the very next day.

As I remember you're a QA dude so I don't need to tell you 1 year is not a long time for a massive ass big budget, AAA Star Wars game.

I'm sure they've been concepting and cranking out 3D assets (buildings, ships, who knows) and - mostly - tuning Frostbite for the game. Like I said if they knew it was going to be a 3rd person shooter they'd have tons to work on with or without a creative director.

Considering the dates I feel it makes a lot of sense they were still early enough for a new Creative Director to come on board. I think of course it will be a little messy - it always is coming into a project that's already begun - but nothing to be concerned about.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Poonz

Glad to see she landed alright. Too bad she's not at Naughty Dog anymore. I'm more interested in this game now. She seems to really know how to put the cinematic into games, which could be a perfect match for Star Wars.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

A star Wars game with someone behind it that can WRITE A STORY? I'm gobsmacked...what a good idea.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

The people that brought us amazing sci-fi aesthetics, gory decapitations and awesome atmosphere team up with someone that thoroughly understands a good story and engaging narrative.. to make a Star Wars game?

This is the best news I've heard in a long while.

I really like the way you put that.. Alright I'm excited.

A star Wars game with someone behind it that can WRITE A STORY? I'm gobsmacked...what a good idea.

Then again.. this is a story based on enormous lore. Do you think she has a good chance of writing a Star Wars story that won't put off the fans?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

:D

vonsoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Wow, a Star Wars game from Dead Space creators; the lead writer and creative director from some of the best adventure games ever produced... the opportunity is there for greatness! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA's first Star Wars game will probably fall in November 2015 given they'll want to use Episode 7 as co-marketing. So if this is that game then there is still a ton of time for Amy Hennig to help creatively on the project.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool and I'm interested in what her input towards the Star Wars brand will be now that she'll be the creative director for this game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

The people that brought us amazing sci-fi aesthetics, gory decapitations and awesome atmosphere team up with someone that thoroughly understands a good story and engaging narrative.. to make a Star Wars game?

This is the best news I've heard in a long while.

I really like the way you put that.. Alright I'm excited.

@monkeyking1969 said:

Then again.. this is a story based on enormous lore. Do you think she has a good chance of writing a Star Wars story that won't put off the fans?

Those books by Timothy Zahn about Admiral Thrawn (yes I read some Star Wars books!) were actually pretty good for the most part - showing that a decent writer can make something out of that universe I guess.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#87  Edited By KaneRobot

Iron Sheik's Twitter had the most relevant comments:

@the_ironsheik: "The Amy Hennig never be Mr Perfect Curt Hennig I love him and miss him forever"

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Bobstar

Uncharted in Star-Wars-like scenarios seems super rad, this is great.

Sounds a lot like what Star Wars 1313 was supposed to be.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talk about landing on your feet, good job!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Dead Space 3 and Uncharted 3 I will wait and see what happens because I didn't think either of those games were very good.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#91  Edited By Nadafinga

Even though there wasn't a doubt in my mind that she would land herself a sweet job somewhere, this is nonetheless pretty impressive. Good for her.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I am very excited to hear this. She could bring some Uncharted magic to a Star Wars game. Hmm, anyone remember Star Wars 1313?

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man in about two years or so the world is going to be so packed with Star Wars. Someone should make a thread of all they upcoming star wars games. Personally I'm really excited for Battlefront 3. Hopefully EA doesn't force it out in time for the movies or something dumb as fuck like that. They can't have another Battlefield 4. But since the first new Star Wars movie comes out in the holiday season of 2015 that seams like something EA would do.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By korwin
smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is a great fit, I am excited to see what she does with Star Wars.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

If Visceral games and Amy can find a way to make me care about story in Star Wars again I will be the first in line on the day of release.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more interested in what Amy Hennig does with Star Wars than what JJ Abrams does.

yep exactly what I was going to post...

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp! This is incredible news! Congrats!!

str33tph4rm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, this is exactly why I switched to Giantbomb from Gamespot.. there was an article about Amy on GS awhile back and 85% of the comments were dogging her out either because she was female or because she had "no talent" which is ridiculous. It's nice to see gamers that appreciate somebody that makes playing our games so much better.

str33tph4rm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aaron_g: Yeah man I was really bummed out when they scrapped that.