Need some Android game recommendations

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

I just got an Android 6P and I'm downloading a bunch of games just to see if anything sticks. Whenever I google "best android games" I get a very similar, recurring list, so I thought I'd check in with y'all to see if you had other recommendations that I might not have noticed.

Here's what I've tried:

Card games like Hearthstone, Ascension and Magic The Gathering -- all three of these seem neat, though I think I'll probably commit to just one of them (looking like Hearthstone so far, though I'm not a big fan of the Warcraft aesthetic and lore..).

I do like card games, and if y'all have any other suggestions...

Elder Sign Omens, which is a decent adaptation of a board game that I like. I'm a big fan of Lovecraftian horrors and this seemed like the best I could find.

Final Fantasy -- I'm a huge FF fan and have played through the entire series, but might dip back into FFVI if I can get over the new art style. I also have FF Record Keeper installed though I'm not blown away by it. Triple Triad gets more playtime. I am also tempted by FFTactics, since I never beat that one. Does anyone have any experience with the mobile version?

Terra Battle I really like, though I haven't played much since it came out. I should redownload that...

I also just downloaded that Uncharted phone game and it seems.. alright I guess? Not as elegant as Hitman or lara croft go but neat enough...

Open to any recommendations! In general I like the idea of a deep card game, a lovecraftian tale, or some Final Fantasy-esque..

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sinusoidal

Some of my favorite Android games:

• You Must Build a Boat (The best of the match 3, bejeweled clones.)
  • Prune
  • Sentinels of the Multiverse (This is an underappreciated gem of a card game. Underappreciated in the video game world anyway. The physical game is very successful. They just had a Kickstarter hit 1.5 million. There are also currently 4 days left to kickstart season 2 of the video game. It's already hit funding.)
  • Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery
  • The Room
  • Neko Atsume (It's barely a 'game'. Pretty cute though.)
  • Talisman (It's Talisman. The decades-old board game. I've got every expansion too. It's great in all its obscene randomness.)
css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghost trick

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replies! I played (and dug!) Ghost Trick on DS. Will definitely check out some of @sinusoidal' suggestions (downloading The Room and You Must Build a Boat right this moment!)

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monument Valley is a great game. It's a puzzle game about perspective and its one of the best looking games out there. Every level looks like a high quality painting.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All three the room games. They are amazing!

Downwell, Monsters ate my birthday cake, The lifeline games are cool story wise, Doug dug (its fun arcade mindlessness), Evoland, All the kingdom rush games

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout Shelter is pretty cool.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh right, good suggestions. I'd been meaning to check out Monument Valley.

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in a very similar situation, so thanks that you made this thread!

I started with Hitman Go, which is pretty cool and will probably go on to play the Tomb Raider one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Threes! Threes! Threes!

Threes! Threes! Threes!

Threes! Threes! Threes!

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clash Royale, just to see what all the hype and hate is about. Great gameplay in 3 or 4 minute chunks.

Adventure Capitalist or Battleborn Tap for the idle/incremental/tapping genre.

Just about forgot about PAC-MAN 256 which reminds me that Crossy Roads exists.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I reinstalled the Magic The Gathering Puzzle Quest game and have been putting a bit more time into it. Just had a decently big update, too. Need to try some of these other things!

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All the GO titled games. Hitman GO and Tomb Raider GO were amazing.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ScummVM + Beneath a Steel Sky + Flight of the Amazon Queen (both free on gog)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

All the GO titled games. Hitman GO and Tomb Raider GO were amazing.

Hitman GO broke me pretty early on. I hit a puzzle I just couldn't manage to get through and kind of gave up on it! Seemed like it had great production values, though.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rorie: I had the same issue myself in I think the 3rd set of boards? I ended up pulling a Braid sleep on it and came back fresh. Somehow I beat it in one try and didn't have any problems again.

I will agree that there is just one puzzle or two that usually include the dogs and throwing rocks where you may break your device in frustration.