#1 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -

So, last night I spent an hour or so catching a ton of beetles on the island and hung on to them to use in the Bug Off today. This is kind of against the spirit of the Bug Off, but I'm the Mayor so I make the rules.

I turned in a Goliath Beetle that was "exceptionally large for it's species!!" according to Nat. It got me 124 points. So far nothing else I've submitted has come even close to that record, aside from a Horned Dynastid I turned in before it and netted (heh) me 97 points.

So, what's your record for the bug contest so far? Get anything cool out of it? So far I've gotten a cicada stereo and a pretty sweet spiderweb wall clock.

#2 Posted by Bollard (5031 posts) -

I got an 83, then didn't submit anything else because I wanted to hand stuff in to the museum/sell them. I held onto a large butterfly in case someone beat my score, but noone did.

#3 Posted by Ben_H (3220 posts) -

101 point birdwing butterfly. Hasn't been topped by the townsfolk yet.

#4 Posted by chainreaction01 (175 posts) -

I manged to get an 115 with a Golden Stag Beetle which was rated average across the board as far as that type of bug goes. Got a Stag Stool out of it, but it was a pretty shitty prize. Was really a Stag Beetle Chair but that isn't nearly as punny.

#5 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -

@ben_h: It's pretty funny watching the townsfolk bumble into trees trying to catch butterflies and the like. I dig that they actually go after the bugs instead of just walking around with nets.

#6 Posted by Sergio (1775 posts) -

This is my first AC, so I didn't know what the Bug Off was. I had been farming beetles the night before to help pay off my next loan, but that helped get ahead in my Bug Off. I have a 110 point rainbow stag. I have a couple of other stag beetles, but I'll hold on to them until it's close to the competition's end to see if anyone in my town tops it.

#7 Posted by fleabeard (135 posts) -

I've gotten a 107 with a Birdwing Butterfly.

#8 Posted by Nezza (312 posts) -

116 points for a Birdwing Butterfly. He gave me a Ladybird carpet.

#9 Edited by Itwongo (802 posts) -

73 Agrias Butterfly. Still trying to get something over 80

Edit: 119, birdwing butterfly :) got a honeybee cabinet or somethin'

#10 Posted by Hailinel (22752 posts) -

Current sitting at 64 and in first place, last I checked.

#11 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -

The only thing I've found myself really wanting is a little note of the size of the bug/fish after you catch it, otherwise I have to try to remember which slot in my inventory the larger specimens are in.

#12 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -

@nezza: So where do I catch one of these Birdwing Butterflies? I don't think I've ever found one.

#13 Edited by DoctorTran (1527 posts) -

For me it was a Birdwing Butterfly for 114 points. Awwww yeah.

#14 Posted by Nezza (312 posts) -
#16 Edited by EquitasInvictus (1869 posts) -

I've only gotten 100 points for a Raja Brooke Butterfly just today.

Man I really wish I had access to the island already then I'd just stomp at this! Well, at least I'm still 1st place right now. An hour and thirty minutes left!

#17 Edited by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

119 points with a rainbow stag I caught last night. Got a cool looking Cicada Stereo out of it. I can't imagine anyone has beaten my record because the only bugs I've seen in my town today are common butterflies and my townsfolk best know not to fuck over their mayor or shit is going to get ugly in Pugville. Ya heard?

#18 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3660 posts) -

So far I've got 89 points with an Agrias Butterfly and no one has beaten me yet. I've already recieved the RoboTV and the Cicada Stereo as prizes.

#19 Posted by Nev (535 posts) -

My best is a Birdwing Butterfly at 86 points. I doubt I beat it, and that's just fine, since I doubt any villagers are gonna beat it, either!

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18790 posts) -

@ben_h said:

101 point birdwing butterfly. Hasn't been topped by the townsfolk yet.

Same here. Birdwing Butterfly seems like a good option for the bug contests. I caught one on the Island and brought it back to see if it would work and it did.

#21 Posted by Bollard (5031 posts) -

@ben_h: It's pretty funny watching the townsfolk bumble into trees trying to catch butterflies and the like. I dig that they actually go after the bugs instead of just walking around with nets.

Mine just walked around doing fuck all :/

#22 Posted by Tidel (356 posts) -

Birdwing butterfly, 127 points. I had it from the island. I only feel a little bad.

#23 Posted by Mikular (156 posts) -

Raja Brooke butterfly, 82

#24 Posted by elyfant422 (2 posts) -

45 minutes until the end and I may win with a 78 from a Saw Stag.

#25 Edited by Strife777 (1434 posts) -

I got first place with a 94 point Birdwing butterfly. It was bigger than average but had bad color and luster.

#27 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -
#28 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -

119 points with a rainbow stag I caught last night. Got a cool looking Cicada Stereo out of it. I can't imagine anyone has beaten my record because the only bugs I've seen in my town today are common butterflies and my townsfolk best know not to fuck over their mayor or shit is going to get ugly in Pugville. Ya heard?

Dude, repping from Pugsburg over here. We should merge into some sort of Pugtopolis.

#29 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

Got 114 points with my Birdwing butterfly, won first pretty easily with that.

#30 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -

@quid_pro_bono said:

Mine just walked around doing fuck all :/

Man that sucks. I wonder why? Every time I walk past a dude he's trying to catch something - once one of them even missed and smacked another resident in the face, it was pretty awesome.

#31 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

Dude, repping from Pugsburg over here. We should merge into some sort of Pugtopolis.

I appreciate that, I do. But here's the thing. I'm trying to get some of what Kim Jong Un is getting if you know what I mean. I've always liked the idea of being worshipped as a god by my lowly townspeople. I worry that, if I merged, they'd stop fearing me and loving me as much. And I can't have that. No sir.

#32 Posted by Ravelle (1052 posts) -

I won first place with a big firefly and won the Cicada stereo as well, only 88 points were needed.

#33 Posted by Strife777 (1434 posts) -

Wait... how did you guys get the stereo? All I got for first place was the trophy. Unless you guys are talking about the stuff he gives you for beating the best score.

#34 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4282 posts) -

#35 Edited by Ravelle (1052 posts) -

Wait... how did you guys get the stereo? All I got for first place was the trophy. Unless you guys are talking about the stuff he gives you for beating the best score.

Yup, you get it by getting the best score. I had no trophy yet though because he told me the ceremony was canceled and was to be mailed the trophy later.

#36 Posted by Strife777 (1434 posts) -

@ravelle said:

@strife777 said:

Yup, you get it by getting the best score. I had no trophy yet though because he told me the ceremony was canceled and was to be mailed the trophy later.

Oh ok, good. Thank you.

#37 Edited by CollegeGuyMike (381 posts) -

113. :)

#38 Posted by Hailinel (22752 posts) -

My final score was a 77 and I still won. My competition couldn't even get out of the 50s.

#39 Posted by AlisterCat (5401 posts) -

When is it? They kept saying it was for the 15th but when I spoke to people they still said it was 'tomorrow'.

#40 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

First place with an Agrias Butterfly, 102 points. I got a beetle chair and a butterfly table along the way. I haven't even seen a Birdwing Butterfly yet.

#41 Posted by Freezer_Burn (206 posts) -

I got first with a Lantern Fly at 85. I managed to scoop a couple prizes up over the course of the whole thing. A BBQ, a sweet tape deck. and a honeybee chest for my winning bug.

#42 Posted by Sergio (1775 posts) -

My 110 was good enough. Ended up with an orange (the fruit) carpet, a lady bug carpet, and a snail clock.

#43 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

I think I got first with an Agrias Butterfly that was 80 or 90 or something, but I can't quite remember. That was this morning.

#44 Posted by JamesBoyce (295 posts) -

I got a ridiculous score, 148 with a birdwing butterfly. First thing I caught too!

#45 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Go to magical beetle island.

Acquire all furniture.

Acquire first prize with Golden Stags.

#46 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (199 posts) -

@quid_pro_bono said:

@mariachimacabre said:

I appreciate that, I do. But here's the thing. I'm trying to get some of what Kim Jong Un is getting if you know what I mean. I've always liked the idea of being worshipped as a god by my lowly townspeople. I worry that, if I merged, they'd stop fearing me and loving me as much. And I can't have that. No sir.

Well then I'm going to have to get all Park Geun-hye on your ass man. The true Pugsburgians will rise!

#47 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@quid_pro_bono said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Well then I'm going to have to get all Park Geun-hye on your ass man. The true Pugsburgians will rise!

You make your silly threats, Western Pig Pug. I'll be over here developing nuclear "energy".

#48 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

Go to magical beetle island.

Acquire all furniture.

Acquire first prize with Golden Stags.

Did this lol