Hows your game going?

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#101  Edited By Nezza

@takayamasama: MMORPG mode Engaged - They nerfed Coelacanth?!?!?! - MMORPG mode disengaged.

I had a feeling the drops had changed when I caught 2 Dorado in the same day. Don't care, still let out a whoop of joy when I saw it pop out... because, yes, I'm just that sad.

JNeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wish I got the digital copy instead -_-

I'm currently trying to pay off my 98,000 loan. I just got my development permit, and I've just been fishing and trying to catch bugs.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By Bollard

@hailinel said:

I actually got lucky today and caught a shark. Since I already had donated one to the museum, I sold it at the recycling center and OH MAN, 15,000 bells right there! I was able to celebrate my victory in the Bug Off by making my first purchases to customize my house's exterior. And this is after paying off the loan on the first level of the house (after the tent). So not only will it look different tomorrow morning, it'll be bigger, too!

I'm really sad, I sprinted accidentally past a shark and scared it away :( Also can you explain the Recycling place? Do they give the same prices as Nookling Corner? I thought it was only for putting stuff up for sale to villagers, and I could never be bothered with that so I just flog stuff to the little Nooks.

Oh, and can anyone explain what the gems are for? I have an Amythyst and a Ruby or something and don't know what to do with em.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

I actually got lucky today and caught a shark. Since I already had donated one to the museum, I sold it at the recycling center and OH MAN, 15,000 bells right there! I was able to celebrate my victory in the Bug Off by making my first purchases to customize my house's exterior. And this is after paying off the loan on the first level of the house (after the tent). So not only will it look different tomorrow morning, it'll be bigger, too!

I'm really sad, I sprinted accidentally past a shark and scared it away :( Also can you explain the Recycling place? Do they give the same prices as Nookling Corner? I thought it was only for putting stuff up for sale to villagers, and I could never be bothered with that so I just flog stuff to the little Nooks.

Oh, and can anyone explain what the gems are for? I have an Amythyst and a Ruby or something and don't know what to do with em.

I've never tried selling things to the Nooks. Everything I've pawned off, I've either put up for sale on display at the recycling shop or just sold to Reese directly for bells. I feel like the bells she pays out are pretty fair, and she pays significantly more for rare items than she does for common junk. I haven't come across any gem stones yet, so I don't know what to do about them.

Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chavtheworld: Re-tail pays more than Nook's. highly recommend selling everything there. As for the gems, I've just been selling them, as I have yet to find a use for them. Perhaps something opens up in the future?

Avatar image for chainreaction01
chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@chavtheworld: Re-Tail generally offer higher prices on items, the Nooklings mention that they charge a middleman fee when you meet them. Also gem stones are used for renovating furniture once the blue guy wakes up.

As far as my game is going I blew all of my money on a sweet ass crown today so now I'm lookin' baller with my beard. Now to start saving up again so I can expand out my house.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By DystopiaX

@chavtheworld: Re-tail pays more than Nook's. highly recommend selling everything there. As for the gems, I've just been selling them, as I have yet to find a use for them. Perhaps something opens up in the future?

After a certain point the sleeping dude in Re-tail can turn them into stuff. I think you have to sell a certain amount of bells to re-tail and be x number of days since you started your town.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aergh, after spending the day kicking ass at the bug tournament with a final score of 112 and getting tons of furniture and spending way too much time earning medals on the island and making about 350,000 bells, my daughter grabbed my 3DS when I wasn't looking and closed the game before I could save.

Not only did I lose a bunch of shit, but now my conversation counter with Sable has been reset so I'm nevar going to get my QR scanner.

I am super bummed.

EDIT: And Resetti yelled at me.

When I got the game first thing I did was close my game w/o saving so I could get Resetti to yell at me.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I spent hours fishing to pay off my second loan for my first expansion.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I find a new species I just donate them for the aquarium.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on my fourth day. I won the bug tournament with 100 points; I've been donating bugs, fish, and fossils to the museum at a pretty good pace (did fossils show up this much in the original?); and I've been slowly saving up money for my first house upgrade, which I expect will go faster as I stop catching new specimens. I submitted my development proposal yesterday, so I'll get to do my first public works project soon.

I've been trying to learn the values of bugs and fish so I know what to go for. One of my biggest memories of the first game is the 3000 bell Red Snappers. So far, Koi seem to be the big-ticket catch.

If your fishing for money and dont have the island unlocked yet fish in the sea, still will see a occasional shark there and most of them are worth over 10k a pop. Works best in the evenings.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grantheaslip: Mine unlocked today, which is my fourth day. Don't know if that was time based or because I'd completed a public project for the first time and was coincidental. Basically its always summer there and full of bugs and fish that you can make some serious money on (not to mention padding out the museum). There is also a series of Minigames that you can play. Solo at first, but you can then pay to unlock online multiplayer (optional). They aren't hard or deep, but they are a nice little distraction. Last but not least you can go swimming and collect more stuff off of the sea bed.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i just been plugging along working on adding public works to my town and making my house bigger. The game does a good job of slowing you down and making you wait for the next big thing to happen.

Valrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One week in:

Collection stats: 50% of fish caught, 50% of insects caught, 50% of sea critters caught

Fruit: Native pears. Bananas, Mangoes, Lychee, & Durian on the trees. Cherries, Lemons, Coconuts, Lemons, Oranges planted.

Garden center open!

House upgrade level 3.

Wet suit acquired, as it the extra multi-player mode.

I caught 2 Coelocanths back to back, then two more, then a whale shark on the same night:

No Caption Provided

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Going on my 4th house expansion getting my second floor tomorrow morning. Won the Bug Off with a 124 point Birdwing butterfly, and as I work nights on a job I can play while I work I pretty much fill up my locker with fish and bugs every night so I can pay off every expansion loan from Nook every night. I've only got apples and perfect apples natively, but I brought in lemons, bananas, those spiked fruits and "not cherries" from the island, and mangos. That and I finally got into the happy homes club by getting a good enough score. Help I'm trapped in Dog City and don't want to leave.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Right now I'm using all my potential cash in exotic fruit to sow the land with orchards, so that eventually I'll be raking in the cash nonstop. It's going to be a slow process, but it will pay off in the long haul.

Meantime, I'm still dealing with the entirely underwhelming first iteration of the Nookling store.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#123  Edited By Ben_H  Online

I got over a 100000 bell haul in one fishing trip. Caught 5 sharks and a few barred knifejaws. I was quite happy about that.

I've got all the expansions on the main floor room size-wise, a basement and a second floor on my house so far, next intention is to get the side rooms. Also got a bridge and campsite. I bought some stuff for my house too. About to finish paying off the 428000 bell house payment. All paid for with fishing. I usually fish for an hour or two each day while I watch Star Trek or something. It's all about efficiency.

Tip: only fish after 4PM. After that time sharks will be out and catchable. Also, ignore sea bass-sized outlines along with the tiny ones since they are garbage fish and don't pay enough for their inventory space. Only go for the middle sized and fin outlines as those are more likely to be sharks and barred knifejaw/red snapper, which pay vastly more than anything else.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

this happen today, was playing local wireless game with a close friend. Played online for like 2 hours, went into another room, and then saw Resetti looking sad and brooding. Apparently I lost all data just walking from one room to another.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I just played for over two hours and I'm super, super tired and just turned my 3DS off without saving like an idiot and lost sooooooooo much

</3

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ikaruga

finally unlocked the island today. Have to wait til tomorrow to got there, in the mean time mostly fishing. How you unlock other fruits? I got a bunch from a friend the other day but stupidly sold all of them including durians and cherry and now I don't have any T_T I only have time to play late night too and consider my friend is a few hours ahead I prob can't arrange another session for this week.

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ikaruga: You have to take the foreign fruit you can get from friends towns and plant them in your city.... it will take some days for the tree to grow but thats how you get foreign fruit to grow in yours

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Nookling's finally upgrades tomorrow, along with the Dream Suite opening and what looks likely to be Kicks'. I don't even know how many house expansions I've had, but tomorrow I will have the maximum sized main floor, and maximum sized top floor. I have every fish available in June, including the Coelacanth, but I still have a few bugs to grab. Just started diving today, so I'm not even halfway on those.

I still don't have persimmons, but I've had the other fruit for awhile now. All in all, things are moving along quite nicely. I still need a fuckload of furniture though.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By GunstarRed

It's going ok. I started the game up a couple of nights ago for the first time which was a really poor decision as I could do nothing but collect flowers and seashells because everywhere was shut. I finally got a net and a shovel today which has helped out a lot, but I'm still waiting on my house being built. I have tons of furniture which I've had to store away in my tardis-like storage unit.

It's a super charming game, but I feel insanely limited in what I can do at the minute.

perdido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the game so far, but I was pissed off for a few days and didn't play because I had a new neighbor move into town named Sheldon. I waited an entire day after seeing the home site, and couldn't wait to greet my new turtle neighbor. Maybe he would be my newest best fiend, but no that numb nuts ended up being a damn squirrel.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Ben_H  Online

Caught 7 coelacanths over a 3 hour period today (2 within 5 minutes). They definitely made rare fish easier to catch in this game. I think I only caught like 2 of those in Wild World and I fished for hundreds of hours in that game. I have one coelacanth kept as a pet in my house next to my pet hammerhead shark that I have lovingly named Stanley.

Had a couple more 100k+ hauls fishing again. Have a fair amount of money sitting in my bank account. Sharks have paid for my house. The 428k house payment is done.

Also financed a suspension bridge and a camp site.

I planted a bunch more trees also, mainly perfect cherry trees (I am slowly replacing all my cherry trees with perfect cherry trees. My native plant is the cherry, like in every other Animal Crossing weirdly enough) and the fruits from the island.

Museum is filling up nicely. I added a coelacanth and a whole bunch of fossils. I still have a long way to go. I had every fish species in Wild World along with almost every fossil but one or two.

Still waiting for the Nookling store to upgrade. I must be missing some requirement. I have bought probably 30k worth of stuff at it and have been mayor for 9 days now.

Oh jeez have I fallen hard back down the Animal Crossing rabbit hole. I've literally spent the last 3 evenings solid playing this game. I'm playing more Animal Crossing than Starcraft at this point. It's getting scary. I played Wild World daily for over a year straight, I could see that happening with this game too easily because there is way more to do.

toastface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the game 4 days, just got into a real house, won 3rd place in a fishing contest (and if you're wondering why there was a fishing contest, read on), had donated heaps of stuff to the museum already then......

I saw today that I had the wrong month set on my 3DS the whole time (I was going to sell it before Animal Crossing came out to cover bond for a new place, turns out I didn't need to). I set it to the right months, and the game thought I'd neglected it for a month :(. I thought it was probably best to just start again.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for morning so I finally have a house, and still working on gaining approval from my peeps. Then the TurtleBird regime shall begin.

Also my town is fucking buried in trees and my villagers feel the place isn't green enough. What.

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally unlocked the island today. Spent my entire free time block tonight going out fishing and catching bug. Caught a bunch of rare one but decided to donate to the museum so I'm poor still. Working on landscaping my island a bit with coconut and other fruits. My garden store is being built and hopefully I can get an axe tomorrow to start trimming some tree and grow shroom.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I'm on day 6. Still waiting for the island to unlock and don't have too many

Started to get into fishing yesterday. Best catch was a barred knifejaw. I've seen multiple sharks (or other fishes with big fins) but I can never manage to catch them for some reason. Nobody I have on my friends list seems to ever have there gate open so I don't have that many foreign fruit trees, my native fruit is the pear. The gardening shop opened today, I'm halfway through paying for my first public works project (the campfire) and I've just paid off my second loan.

What public works project should I start next? I was considering building a second bridge but I don't know if any of the other projects would be more beneficial.

mnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mnB

Currently on my 3rd day and enjoying it a lot. Spend a lot of time fishing, racking in roughly 10k per run (full inventory). Still haven't caught any sharks (fins)... I'm too slow I guess. I have also payed my first loan (rank 1 house) and currently working on the upgrade for it. Also doing a public thingie to get a bridge assembled, but that's not my first priority atm (and my inhabitants aren't really contributing... yet).

Got 1 new villager since I started. An awesome, wrestling loving duck, named Lucho - and tommorow will mark the arrivel of the 2nd :) Looking forward to that!

Besides that I visited another guys town this morning. Was pretty cool :) Gave me some pears, so I'm now on my way to produce that besides the two fruits I already have (oranges and apples).

If anyone's up for playing, feel free to add me :)

FC: 2921-9076-5160

Name: mnB

Edit: Oh... totally forgot the coolest part so far. Found a stranded sailor duck at the beach yesterday. Turned out he was a captain who forgot where he was going. We figured out it was Belgium and off he went. Later I received a gift from him through mail:

A miniature Manniken Pis statue that's now wetting my floor all day long.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some one on my friend list just bought all my reycle items on display and then a connection error occured and I ended up not getting money for it. ;(

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

You're only supposed to have one town fruit right? I'm on the 4th or 5th day and oranges started growing in one part of my town... I dont know why. I have apples normally.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By BasketSnake

I'm about to have my first experience playing an AC game. Here's a EU club nintendo code: ZG991EDEOKDMMBCK that O might be a zero

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@nezza: I just caught an arowana last night is this fish rare or something? Should I donate it or sell it?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Ben_H  Online

Broke 110k bells in a single haul fishing. Gotta love sharks. I caught 4 sharks in 3 minutes. It was insane.

Finally getting a new Nookling store.

Planted a bunch of mangos in town and am still replacing all my cherry trees with perfect cherry trees.

Trying to get everything organized so I can get the coffee shop. I always liked all the K.K. stuff in the old games and really want to get that going again.

I got a wetsuit so now my dude runs around town in a wetsuit, sombrero, and monocle.

@i_stay_puft: Those are relatively rare. You would be best to donate it. I always donate the first of any new species I catch.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I got this awesome neighbor.

Dude "It" just moved into your town.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pollysmps: I hear ya on the rain man, my town has been downpour and storms for what seems like a week! It sucks!

I just got the Dream place today, that seems interesting. Added my town to the list of dreams people can visit. Nookling Junction is being upgraded today too, finally. Excited to have more options.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say this thread is fun to keep up with.

Anywho, I encountered the mole fucker who gets mad when you forget to save this morning. Payed my loan and hopefully the tortoise guy shows up so I can finally see about getting to the island. Also been pulling weeds and planting flowers so the garden shop will open.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@alistercat: At some point during your first day Isabelle gives you a second fruit. You probably didn't realize it was an orange, planted it, and forgot about it. I started with apples and she gave me an orange too.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Turambar

Going to the island at night is making all my Nook debt rather meaningless. 40 beetles and sharks of different kinds means about 150k bells for a 15 minute trip.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Ravelle

Just payed off my loan for my second house upgrade and just found out the Island lets you borrow tools.

@Turambar I did two trips today and only caught small fish, common butterflies and a sunfish which didn't make me that much money.

Also I need a watering Can, every tree besides apples instantly wither when I plant them.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Ben_H  Online

@turambar said:

Going to the island at night is making all my Nook debt rather meaningless. 40 beetles and sharks of different kinds means about 150k bells for a 15 minute trip.

Yeah I recently discovered how stacked that island is as well. I went from 100k every half hour to 100k every 15 minutes. It's insane.