#1 Posted by Nezza (332 posts) -

Game.co.uk are selling the download version of Animal Crossing for £29.99 which is a few quid cheaper then the eshop price of £34.99.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-crossing-new-leaf-122844?pageSize=20

Make sure you choose the digital version and then complete the checkout as normal. It will then immediately give you a code to redeem on the eshop. My copy is downloading now, so it's even available a couple of hours earlier than the eshop version as well!

#2 Edited by goalseil (10 posts) -

damn, I already put the funds into my eshop the other day :(

#3 Posted by Nezza (332 posts) -

I very nearly did the same thing. I was just looking on the net to confirm if Nintendo were doing a midnight eshop release when I found it.

#4 Edited by Fattony12000 (6964 posts) -

If you're just wanting it as cheap as possible, it can be found for £28 on Amazon, although it is a physical copy. As a side note, I could have sworn it was a few pounds more expensive a couple of days ago on Amazon. Which is weird.

#5 Edited by markini6 (445 posts) -

@fattony12000: Amazon change their prices all the time on most of their items. I use an extension for chrome called "The Camelizer" for use with Amazon which brings up a graph of an item's price history. Comes in handy when you want to see if the current price is just a short lived spike or the normal value.

#6 Posted by Matt_F606 (295 posts) -

Yeah, did the same thing with GAME. Strangely the retail store was also selling the codes but for £34.

#7 Edited by Lumley (941 posts) -

I used Game for downloading Luigi's Mansion. Paid £33 rather than £40 on the eShop.

As for Animal Crossing I got a physical copy. I think it was £27 and it came a day early.