andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By andy

Hey guys,

I had some time today to make some enhancements to the API.  Release notes follow.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

• Fixed a bug in the XML format.  Under certain circumstances you may have seen two elements per object (i.e. <company><company>... company data...</company></company>.  You should not only see the one that was intended.
  • Fixed a bug in the Game Rating resource where certain game ratings were causing errors.
  • Added platform filters to the Game and Release list resources.  See the docs for more info.
  • Added Staff reviews to the game detail resource as "reviews".  Also created a staff review list resource @ /reviews/.  See the docs for more info.
  • Added User reviews to the game resource.
  • Added Videos to the game resource.
  • Added the 10 newest images to the game resource.
  • Cleaned up some misc. crust on the backend that should allow adding more of this kinda stuff easier.

I'll be keeping an eye on this tonight and tomorrow.  Any questions, lemme know.

And ya, we'll be adding more stuff soon, too.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By jlrm01
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I think something else weird is going on there. It's showing 20 results regardless of what the limit is set at.

stillmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stillmotion

Any plans to add blog articles with their related thumbnails?

andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By andy
stillmotion said:
"Any plans to add blog articles with their related thumbnails?"

With the user's thumbnail pic?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
andy said:
"stillmotion said:
With the user's thumbnail pic?"
I think he means the staff blog articles, with the thumbnail pic that appears beside the articles on the homepage/news page.
ThaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ThaNerd

Sounds like a bug :

[25-Mar-2009 03:29:13] Array (     [number_of_page_results] => 0     [status_code] => 104     [error] => Error while filtering resource types, resource 'g' not found     [results] => Array         (         )      [limit] => 0     [offset] => 0     [number_of_total_results] => 0 )  http://api.giantbomb.com/search/?format=json&resources=game&query=octane&api_key=<api-key>

My code is this (in php)
$query['format'] = 'json'; $query['resources'] = 'game'; $query['query'] = $_REQUEST['q']; $query['api_key'] = $gbapikey; //$query['field_list'] = 'aliases,deck,developers,image,name,platforms,id'; $url= 'http://api.giantbomb.com/search/?'; foreach($query as $k=>$v) {     $url .= urlencode($k) . '=' . urlencode($v) . '&'; } $gb = file_get_contents($url); $x = json_decode($gb,true); error_log(print_r($x, true)."\n".$url); 

It worked few days ago... I also tried uncommenting the "field_list" line, no changes...
stillmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stillmotion
MattyFTM said:
"andy said:
"stillmotion said:
With the user's thumbnail pic?"
I think he means the staff blog articles, with the thumbnail pic that appears beside the articles on the homepage/news page."
Correct.
andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By andy

The Search result is back to working properly again.  Some of the internal cleanup that went out with the last release broke it.  The search stuff is now up to speed with everything else.  Please let me know if you see any other issues.

tripleq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tripleq

Couple of minor bugs I think:

1) when fetching a game resource, the attached review resource doesn't appear to have an "id" field included
2) when fetching a game resource, original_game_rating returns a null json object instead of an empty one

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Cirdain

Wow great work people