#1 Edited by buckybit (1517 posts) -
No Caption Provided

I received a "Notification". I click on it ...

No Caption Provided

The Notification tells me something. The only thing to click here is the "User Profile" - not the "new blog" (or whatever event triggered this message). Now I am informed that somebody of the 100+ people I follow, did something.

Why?

Is this intentional design? Is this GOOD design? I leave the answer to brighter minds than mine.

Making things, just to make them, because others make them (better), is not reason enough to make them?

Of course, that is just my own - inferior - opinion.

#2 Posted by ch3burashka (6087 posts) -

Agreed.

#3 Edited by StarFoxA (5261 posts) -

Yeah, I noticed this as well, was gonna post something.

#4 Edited by Subjugation (4954 posts) -

I don't follow blogs but I can understand where you are going with this. I'm not a web designer so I don't have any idea how difficult it may actually be to implement, but I'm sure it would be way more useful if the notification could actually link you to the blog (or whatever item it is addressing) itself.

#5 Posted by Rorie (3963 posts) -

I believe this is supposed to link to the blog itself rather than just the profile.

Staff
#6 Posted by CornBREDX (7170 posts) -

Don't feel bad, I don't get notifications at all.

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (8027 posts) -

@cornbredx: Check the settings tab on your profile to see if you have notifications enabled.

#8 Edited by TruthTellah (9805 posts) -

@chaser324: It's a problem a lot of us are having. I've changed my settings on and off in every combination, and I have yet to get one notification since the change.

#9 Edited by bobafettjm (1981 posts) -

I have also not gotten any notifications about anything.

#10 Edited by Chaser324 (8027 posts) -

@truthtellah: It seemed to be working for me initially. I got a few notifications for @reply and new blogs from people I'm following. However, I definitely didn't get any indication for the reply you directed at me in this thread.