I've had this idea for a while, but I'm not a coder by any means, just a designer. Anyways, the basic idea is to provide an extremely simple and minimal view of your whole collection, and the games you've completed and currently playing. I could make a list, but the list feature does not display the data and collection in a way I would like. And I'm aware of sites like Backloggery and Playfire, but those don't have either a visual enough representation of the collection, or just have way too much shit. GB has this great database and multiple images for games and best of all - if something is missing, you can add it yourself. I was thinking of something like the way Discogs displays collection and how the games are laid out in the New Games section.
So, here is a rough mockup of the layout I was thinking of.
- Extremely minimal and clear view of the collection, perhaps an infinite scrolling one
- A small icon displaying a possible S-Rank and completion
- No visible game name until mouse rollover (possibly an option)
- Align games by release date, platform, name or completion, a small timeline showing year, letter or platform on the left
- List of games the user is currently playing
- An option to switch the displayed image to some other image from the GB Gallery for the game
- A small list of data about the collection
So, what I'm looking for, is someone to execute on this ide from the code side, and I can help with design and image assets etc. This shouldn't be that hard of a project, but something I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate.