Is a way to access the upcoming schedule with the API?

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been doing a bit of searching around and I couldn't find a way to get access to the "Coming up on Giantbomb" listing via the API. I'm also wondering how scripts like QLCrew.com appear to be able to predict the hosts of a future quick look? Is there a legitimate way to access this data, are they manually guessing and labelling that stuff, or have they created something to brute-force v.giantbomb.com direct links?

I know about /promos, but I don't think that gives any information on the schedule.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have assumed they were just brute forcing the direct links and then labelling them manually, but at the moment they have data on Boxboy and I Am Bread. There may be spelling mistakes, or I just missed something, but I can't brute force the link for I Am Bread, even though it works for Boxboy, which is what makes me think there is a legitimate way of pulling this data?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Thanks! As a side-note for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, that hyperlink automatically directs to: http://www.giantbomb.com/upcoming_json/ and you have to manually remove the last forward slash to get to the JSON data. I'm surprised that information isn't accessible through the API though.

It still doesn't explain the host credits, I'm going to just assume it's done manually considering how that site also has a massive list of "moments" timestamped that couldn't have been done with the API anyway as far as I know.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I Am Bread is up I checked the URL and I was right that it was miss-named, it was mistakenly labeled 2014, so I suppose it was brute forceable all along.