Is there going to be a mobile site?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I was just wondering if there is a dedicated mobile site in the works or if the scaled version of the main site is now the norm? The WM mobile version was one of the main reasons I subb'd, it was slick and very fast to load, the scaled version is nice and all but it's sluggish and glitchy as fuck..

plus it's missing heaps of features that the mobile versions had..

@rorie

Oh, and I don't think @'s work, so that was redundant

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@red12b: Yeah I think they are doing some tweaks since notifications are also not working.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@red12b: Unless they were bullshitting the whole time, when they were talking about the redesign, they said they tried to make the site scalable for mobile devices, and wouldn't be doing a dedicated mobile version. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a mobile version like in the Whiskey Media days.

And I tend to agree, the current version of the site is pretty bad on mobile devices. You still can't do basic stuff on the mobile version like quote people (only reply), and yeah, you can't @somebody unless you click the reply button in a thread.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie

Hey man, Do you know anything about a Mobile site?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@red12b: I don't think there's immediate plans for a separate dedicated mobile site right now. When GameSpot gets a redesign, though, I have a feeling there'll be some new emphasis on it, though, since it's an increasing amount of our traffic as time goes on. Sorry! But there's hope, I guess!

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I really miss m.giantbomb. It was so much faster and it seemed like it had more functionality than the current scaled down version.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@red12b: Unless they were bullshitting the whole time, when they were talking about the redesign, they said they tried to make the site scalable for mobile devices, and wouldn't be doing a dedicated mobile version. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a mobile version like in the Whiskey Media days.

And I tend to agree, the current version of the site is pretty bad on mobile devices. You still can't do basic stuff on the mobile version like quote people (only reply), and yeah, you can't @somebody unless you click the reply button in a thread.

Yeah, the scaled site is the mobile site. When the redesign was still under construction, they even talked about how they were building the site to change structure between desktop and mobile format by resizing the window. So I really don't think that a dedicated mobile version of the site is in the works beyond the design that now exists.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I really miss m.giantbomb. It was so much faster and it seemed like it had more functionality than the current scaled down version.

yea the scaled version fucking sucks