#1 Edited by Tykin (9 posts) -

Hi,

Who do I talk to in order to receive permission to release an unofficial Giant Bomb Android App? I recall a fellow Android Developer had his app removed from the Play Store for a short amount of time and he had to receive permission to get it back in the play store.

Whom do I talk to in order to make sure that does not happen to my app?

#3 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1539 posts) -

Try @rorie I bet he knows (or is the one)

#4 Edited by Tykin (9 posts) -

For those of you interested, here are some screenshots.

Features include News, Reviews Videos, Podcasts, Wiki, Unique Tablet Interface, ART support, and Chromecast Support for videos.

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (8556 posts) -

@tykin: I would suggest sending a PM or e-mail to Rorie. He seems to be up on these things, and if not, then he would probably send it along to whoever is in charge of it.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14578 posts) -

Yep as others have said Rorie will either know or be able to direct your request to the people who would know.

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (6331 posts) -

As others have said, you should contact @rorie. The one issue I think you might face is that your app doesn't really appear to do anything aside from just spit out all of the data form the site in a different form.

#8 Posted by Jason_E_Sigler (122 posts) -

Chromecast support for videos would be enough to get me to buy in. Good luck, duder!

#9 Posted by Rorie (2708 posts) -

@tykin: So long as your app is not commercialized (i.e. no ads and not being sold), you should be fine.

Staff
#10 Posted by Neohoodman (2 posts) -

@rorie: What about in app donations?

#11 Posted by PottsyNZ (72 posts) -

Any chance you could send a fellow bomber the apk if it's not the store? (Would gladly supply said donation!)

Will give you testing feedback - Moto G, MediaPad 7" Tablet, Nexus 4, Chromecast

#12 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

No offense but so far the mobile website looks nicer to use, ahem..