Fumler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fumler

Hello.

First of all I want to thank you for giving us the chance to use this great wiki for information :)

Been developing a bot for skype that lets us check release dates on games etc through your api. After I finally thought I had made it robust enough, another issue pops in.

Out of all the games I have been using to test the code so far, they have all had every field, at least set to null if they do not have a value. But just now I tried to search for "Armalyte", and I got an index error because this field has no "themes" at all.

URL: http://www.giantbomb.com/api/game/3030-4459/?api_key=key&format=json&field_list=publishers,genres,franchises,developers,platforms,original_release_date,name,expected_release_year,expected_release_quarter,expected_release_month,expected_release_day,deck,site_detail_url,similar_games,themes

So I am just wondering if this is a wontfix issue, and if it is, if you have per chance a list of fields that might be gone on some titles?

Noticed this on the game "below" as well, the "genres" value is not there at all, wouldn't it be better to have it there but set it to null?

Thanks for any replies.