Whiskey Media / Giant Bomb Boxee App

Laxaloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Laxaloot

I have not looked into the boxee api nor the giant bomb api, but I assume this is possible? If so would anyone be interested in making this or at least interested in using it?

BuggeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BuggeX

I have made this plugin for the XBMC, see here, I'm currently working on a new version of this plugin and looking into expanding to other mediacenters. I currently only have planned for XBMC and Plex support, but I will take a look at Boxee now as well. It should be possible since plugins are written in python just like XBMC, will needed to look into it some more since it seems that Boxee Apps needs to go through some sort of approval process.

Laxaloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Laxaloot

Awesome, going to test adding your xbmc app onto boxee, I haven't tried as of the beta release but when it was still in alpha you were able to add xbmc plugins. (it is built using xbmc) 

EDIT: So it looks like boxee no longer has compatibility with xbmc apps anymore :( sad day. But, as you said, it looks like it would be fairly easy to convert because both are written in python. I'd try and help, but unfortunately I don't know python

Laxaloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Laxaloot
@BuggeX:  If you need any visual design help, I'd be happy to be your guy, btw. I mention this because boxee apps are generally more graphically active than an xbmc plugin, and I don't know what your expertise is.