#1 Posted by ectoplasma (961 posts) -

I'm torn guys... Pirate gameplay looks sick. What about you?

#2 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Just wait for the next gen if you plan to pick it up or PC version. It is not that long and you will have more fun if

#3 Edited by BirthWild (257 posts) -

IT'S TOUGH MAN, I'm holding out for the PC version, but I think a better version will be worth the wait.

#4 Edited by ectoplasma (961 posts) -

Yeah, it is tough ;). I usually just get bored of waiting for a title. So I'm feeling if I wait 20 days I might just not end up playing at all - questionable if it's such a big loss though ;).

#5 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3740 posts) -

@ectoplasma said:

Yeah, it is tough ;). I usually just get bored of waiting for a title. So I'm feeling if I wait 20 days I might just not end up playing at all - questionable if it's such a big loss though ;).

Can't just wait a small amount of time?

Games don't release the whole holiday season. Starting now til the end of Nov. and then there's probably not much in December.

#6 Posted by Veektarius (4585 posts) -

For my money, water is one of those things you want the best possible graphics for. There's a lot of water in AC4.

#7 Posted by Korwin (2825 posts) -

It would be silly to buy it now, just apply the tiniest amount of patience.

#8 Edited by ectoplasma (961 posts) -

The drive to consume warrants no patience! ;)

#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10468 posts) -

I'm waiting.

You should too.

#10 Posted by armaan8014 (5329 posts) -

;_; it's so hard to wait but at least I have you guys, waiting with me

Until then I plan to play Enslaved. Should be fun, just out for PC :)

#11 Posted by MEATBALL (3060 posts) -

I say wait - unless your next gen system purchase is years off. It's a great game, but man, when I first started playing my first thought was "Man, I thought these games looked better", it's only been a year since AC3 but it seems my expectations for visuals are starting to shift towards the look of next gen games.

ACIV still looks quite nice thanks to its setting, colour palette and the open sea, but there are jaggies, pop-in and rough edges as far as the eye can see. I'd definitely recommend waiting for one of the more visually polished versions that'll also run at a much nicer framerate.

#12 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

Does AC IV have one of those upgrade deals where you get the next gen version for cheap? That's the only reason to buy the inferior version now instead of waiting

#13 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Don't be a chump. Wait for the superior version.

#14 Posted by Dimsey (948 posts) -

Personally I'm gonna wait. More stuff I have to justify getting next-gen consoles right out of the gate, the better.

#15 Posted by CrazyBagMan (836 posts) -

Does AC IV have one of those upgrade deals where you get the next gen version for cheap? That's the only reason to buy the inferior version now instead of waiting

Yes it does.

#16 Edited by chilipeppersman (1145 posts) -

@darji: yea mos def the visuals are going to be butttttery

#17 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@crazybagman: Except you actually have to keep the PS3/Xbox360 disc in the drive of the PS4/Xbone to actually play the new version(verfication check). It's to prevent people from selling the game to Gamestoop after downloading the next gen version.

#18 Edited by Humanity (8805 posts) -
#19 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Waiting for Pukh version.

#20 Edited by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -

I'm waiting to see how the game looks and runs on the PS4 to decide between that and the PC version. At this point it's the only game at launch i'm interested in.

#21 Posted by StrainedEyes (1321 posts) -

Kotaku suggests waiting.

#22 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

It is going to be tough for me but I am going to wait and get the next gen version.

#23 Posted by Soap (3563 posts) -

I'm grabbing it at launch with my PS4. I doubt it'll look drastically better than current consoles but I'd rather wait and hope for a more constant/steady frame rate.

#24 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2562 posts) -

Assassins Creed IV was my go-to PS4 games for the past few months. So, yup, I'm waiting...and would have waited even if it was just a 6/10 or 7/10 game. The only thing that would have stopped me was if the PS3 ver. would have been just better and much more stable than the PS4 version.

#25 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5221 posts) -

If you have a good pc or plan to get a next gen console, I'd definitely recommend holding off the current gen version.

#26 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Man this quicklook was really good. I think I will pick it up for Pc next month^^

#27 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

I'd wait, in fact I am waiting. There's no real point in getting it now if you're going to be capable of playing a higher end version soon enough. Find a distraction til then is all the advice I can really offer.

#28 Posted by gaminghooligan (1407 posts) -

I'm waiting, I want it on PC, Arkham Origins is my last console purchase for this gen.

#29 Edited by cloudnineboya (763 posts) -

waiting.

#30 Posted by PimblyCharles (1314 posts) -

If you have a decent PC, I'd wait for that version. It should be superior to both the XO & PS4 versions.

#31 Edited by PimblyCharles (1314 posts) -
@gaminghooligan said:

I'm waiting, I want it on PC, Arkham Origins is my last console purchase for this gen.

How'd you feel about that purchase? I'm about 4hours in on PC, and can't stand all the poor design choices made. I hear it gets better further in, but I don't think I have the patience to get that far in it. The first 2 hours especially were quite terrible.

#32 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

I'ma grab it on PS4 when i get a PS4.

#33 Posted by Rorie (2679 posts) -

Definitely waiting for the PC version. Hopefully it'll come through when I pick up one of these new NVIDIA cards anyway.

Staff