#1 Posted by Schlorgan (116 posts) -

I just played the PC version of 3, and it was dreadful, is the PC version of 4 better?

#2 Posted by afabs515 (835 posts) -

From what I can tell, it's not super well optimized. I have a 7970 and 3.5 GHz six-core processor and couldn't get 60 in some places, even at the lowest settings. That said, it's completely playable, and never dropped below 30 for me, so if you have a computer that's up to it, it's definitely worth checking out.

#3 Posted by Korwin (2721 posts) -

Works fine, higher system requirements than 3 thanks to the new global lighting system (also just a lot more stuff on screen). Never saw anything wrong with 3 though.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14321 posts) -

I played it at 1920x1080 with everything maxed and had zero problems. My PC is as follows:

Proc: Intel i7-3770k 3.5 Ghz

Video Card: Asus GTX 670 DirectCu II 2 GB

Ram: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X 4GB

#5 Posted by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

I had to turn down some particle effects and god rays but it ran just fine on my laptop.

#6 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

It's more intensive than 3. My 770 ran 3 at a solid 60 maxed. Not so much with IV. Although if you look into something called D3DOverrider, it should help.

But yeah, just know that, I guess.

#7 Posted by Veektarius (4148 posts) -

I didn't feel like it made the most of my hardware, but I doubt it looked or played any better on the consoles.

#8 Posted by Korwin (2721 posts) -

For great victory disable soft shadows and txaa (Thats 780 ti/SLI Land).

#9 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

@korwin said:

Works fine, higher system requirements than 3 thanks to the new global lighting system (also just a lot more stuff on screen). Never saw anything wrong with 3 though.

Yeah same here, never had problems with 3 and 4 is fine as well but more demanding

#10 Edited by CreepingDeath0 (125 posts) -

@zfubarz said:

I had to turn down some particle effects and god rays but it ran just fine on my laptop.

I'm honestly very curious what your laptop specs are. Trying to run it on my pc with a GTX 660, 4gb ram and an Intel 3770 3.4GHz. At 1280x720 and lowest settings it rarely gets above 20fps.

#11 Posted by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

@creepingdeath0:Sony Vaio with an Intel i5 and a GeForce GT 640M LE and 6 GB of ram

The particle effects are the real killer, with those lowered a bit it ran smooth as butter except for the occasional slow down during ship to ship battles in storms when the effects where flying like crazy.

#12 Edited by itspizza (420 posts) -

Finished it a few weeks ago, it was mostly fine except for the framerate or screen tearing issue, I choose to just deal with the frame rate. If you can handle either issue, its a fine version of the game otherwise.

#13 Posted by CreepingDeath0 (125 posts) -

@zfubarz said:

@creepingdeath0:Sony Vaio with an Intel i5 and a GeForce GT 640M LE and 6 GB of ram

The particle effects are the real killer, with those lowered a bit it ran smooth as butter except for the occasional slow down during ship to ship battles in storms when the effects where flying like crazy.

Can I ask what settings you are using? Any out of game tweaks? I just ask because after hearing your specs I tried installing it on my laptop. It has an i7 and a 630m but even on lowest settings I cant get above 20fps in Nassau.

#14 Edited by zFUBARz (590 posts) -

@creepingdeath0: Already beaten and uninstalled duder, sorry, Laptop still means limited HD space sadly. No out of game tweaks or anything on my own though, I know Nvidia released a driver update or two specifically for the game through the dumb Geforce Experience software or whatever they call it, but I didn't notice that changing much. I seem to get oddly good performance out of this thing to be honest, I'm not sure why exactly but most big games (Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Rome 2, etc.) tend to run at better settings than what the optimization or recomendations think it should. Might have something to do with it having two graphics cards (Onboard intel HD 4000, and the Nvidia I paid extra to get because fuck onboard chips) It shouldn't make a difference but I can't explain it any other way.